I-485 Approval Letter Resend

david_wliu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was notified by USCIS email (VSC) telling that my I-485 case "was approved, on September 15, 2004 the approval letter was sent out to me". However, due to a temporary mail forwarding service at my post office while I was away from home the first 3 weeks in September, this letter was returned to USCIS on September 28 as undeliverable. I called USCIS toll-free number on that same day and requested this letter to be resent. Till now, I haven't received this letter and the USCIS online system doesn't even have any indication that my request was handled. I have called them almost once in a week and they kept telling me that I have to wait at least 30 days for this to be handled.

I wonder if anyone out there have the same situation as I have. How long will the request for resending the approval letter take?

Thanks in advance.
:confused:

I already contacted my attorney's office by both email and phone calls, they don't receive anything. This is the part of the mystery. Even if that first letter sent to me got returned to USCIS, they should also send another copy of it to my attorney in the same time.

I asked about the attorney's copy of that letter when I called USCIS. No one over there can give me a definitive answer. They just say "it should be sent to both me and the attorney". I don't like the word "should be". It's really frustrating.

Are there anyone else have this same experience?

Thanks.

D,

I would ask the attorney to initiate a contact session with an officer of
USCIS. There is a provision for this, I don't know what the technical term
is.

If you can manage this before the holiday season starts, you should be
in good shape.

Good luck.
FT

Take an INFOPASS appointment and go to your local USCIS office with the approval message print out. They should be able to pull up your case and stamp your passport. Just give it a try.