I-485 Application Type question

JJBBKK

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

In I-485 form Part II - Application Type, Im not sure which option to select: the person applying based on marriage to US Citizen, so which option needs to be selected. Please advise, thank you much as we are stuck on that section. The applicant is currently on a F1 visa, so does that mean that the option "a" - immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been approved.

its (a) and send your i-130 along with it.

thanks for your response PraetorianXI. One more question for i-130, the petitioner is the US Citizen and the Beneficiary would be his wife who is adjusting her status through marriage to him? is that correct?

also one more thing: can I-130 and I-1485 be filed together?

Yes... along with all the supporting forms. Read this thread http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=272389, especially the post by austriacus...
Read the I-485 and I-130 instructions and then follow this step by step guide. We'll help you answer your questions about how the EAD affects your H-1B status, what to check under Part 2 of I-485, and what you need to do to get a certified translation of your foreign language documents later.

Check the links he provided.

thank you kind people.
Our I-130 is being filed concurrently w/I-485 and it asks to submit any supporting documentation as a proof of bonafide marriage. Since they have never lived together and just got their marriage license, would that be ok for them to submit their joint documentation at a later time or prior to interview?

thank you kind people.
Our I-130 is being filed concurrently w/I-485 and it asks to submit any supporting documentation as a proof of bonafide marriage. Since they have never lived together and just got their marriage license, would that be ok for them to submit their joint documentation at a later time or prior to interview?

for now send what you can... marriage license, driver's license showing the same address, joint bank accounts, etc.

You will have to bring the evidence with you to the interview, but for now you need to send at least some stuff.