I-485,1-130 questions about my GC

lovenpeace

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was on F1 when we married in Sep2008.My husband (a US Citizen) and I filed for I-130,I-485 in Nov'08 .(My F1-OPT status expires on May31'09).
I had my biometrics/fingerprints done in Dec'08.We sent the RFE(I-864) to USCIS Missouri in Feb2009.I received my EAD and Travel authorization in May but there is no news on I-485 or I-130.I called the USCIS customer service in March was advised to wait 90days to receive a notice form them on my application.I called again yesterday,and they dont have any info on my 130 or i-485.I was wondering how long would it to take to receive my temporary GC and When will I be asked for an interview.Can anybody advise on what the interview questions would be..I know most of the documents to carry to interview but since I am not being represented by any lawyer,....any info would be helpful.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applying for I-130

Hi,
I have a quick question on I-485 and I-130. I am now a U.S citizen as of last week. I have applied for my U.S passport, so I neither posses my GC or 'Certificate of Naturalization' currently.

From what I read in I-130 instructions form, do I need to submit my 'Certificate of Naturalization' for petitioning for my wife. Is it compulsory to "mail in" the original certificate and the U.S passport. It will be another 4-6 weeks before I get my certificate back and U.S passport. Please advice.

Is your 130 approved? NO way you can get EAD and AP with OPT. How did you get EAD and AP? Are you applying GC through employment too?