I 140 Processing time for Non-concurrent.

MGudla

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
My I 140 was filed recently under non-concurrent, so I would like to know how long it is taking to approve under present condition.
Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks
MGudla.

Roughly about 9-12 months. Not sure if it is true, but I have heard that with streamlining at BCIS and new hires at VSC, things may move faster.

Any idea how to find out how long they are taking - the concurrent filers all post their processing times but I have not seen any non-concurrent trackers. Have you?

When did you file?

i filed in 21 june 02 and got approved 1 april 03 filed I-140 with cp.

You can check general processing times on immigration.com home page.

Frankly speaking, there should not be a big difference between I-140 with cp option or I-140 with no option (non-concurrent). Although I have heard and seen in forums that I-140 with 485 option (concurrent) is taking longer for I-140 approval.

hope this helps!

kdivekar

Thanks for the info - did you use the on-line tracking system? If so, did you get any indication that you case was being processed or did it just go from 'Received' to 'Approved' one day. I guess I'd like to see it coming rather that just having to check every day...

Thanks

Pemp

pemple:

yes i used online system where one fine day which happened to be april fools day (1st april) when it changed from received on 21st june 2002 to approved on 1st april 2003.

I tried the phone system but that did no help much since they said that the attorneys need to call to find status.

I think online system is the best bet with phone system once a month after 6 months of I-140 application. This is the strategy i used.

- how long does it take after i140 approval to get to the interview in the home country and get approved?
- where is this online tracking system for vermont center?
- any reasons for i140 nonconcurrent happening faster?

Originally posted by kdivekar
i filed in 21 june 02 and got approved 1 april 03 filed I-140 with cp.

You can check general processing times on immigration.com home page.

Frankly speaking, there should not be a big difference between I-140 with cp option or I-140 with no option (non-concurrent). Although I have heard and seen in forums that I-140 with 485 option (concurrent) is taking longer for I-140 approval.

hope this helps!

Originally posted by kdivekar
pemple:

yes i used online system where one fine day which happened to be april fools day (1st april) when it changed from received on 21st june 2002 to approved on 1st april 2003.

I tried the phone system but that did no help much since they said that the attorneys need to call to find status.

I think online system is the best bet with phone system once a month after 6 months of I-140 application. This is the strategy i used.

What's the phone number to check for I-140 status.