I-140 pending since March 2002 :(

High5

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Is anybody left in March 2002 boat of pending I-140. Please reply. It appears that I'm the only one left. Made several inquires by calling BCIS, sending letters. No response yet.

Please share your ideas if somebody had this long delay in I-140 processing :(

Mine is Feb 22 2002

Hi High5

Sorry to hear about your case. Mine is little worse than yours.
My I-140 RD is Feb 22 2002. Got an RFE on Sep 05 and replied to it and they received it on Dec 01 2003. After that seven weeks passed but no response and I never called them.

Please go through the EB1-OR thread ..

Let us say good luck to us..

Sekar

Contact Senator/Congressman in your area

When did you apply for I-485?
Did you try getting I-EAD from local office?

Labor substitution has nothing to do with it.
It might be approved - sometimes online status does not change.

Your company/lawyer may be hiding this fact from you so that you cannot use AC-21.

I think your best bet is to contact a local congressman/senator's office and seek their help.

Applied for I-485 in Sep 2002. Recently went and got interim EAD. Hopefully this will help move the I-140 case a bit.

I have checked online status several times but it says the same thing that it is pending.

Thanks keSar for your response. I wish you luck as well.

believe_in_self, can you please suggest how to approach the congressman. Do I need to make an appointment?

How to contact congressman in your area

I would say use GOOGLE to find out congressman in your area.

search for terms like congressman New York and it should give you a link to their website.

Once you have the website, do a couple of things.

1. There will be a Contact Me section on their website. Write a friendly letter describing how long you have been staying in their area - how you like their area and work he/she does and how you would like to immigrate here and contribute to the US economy. Then tell them how the delays in your I-140 application are stopping you from giving your best to the country and then seek their help. You will surely get some reply.

Don't provide them the details of your application. When they call you (yes, they will), provide them the details.

2. If they don't call you in a week, get their phone number from their website and call them. Take similar approach as above in talking. Try to create positive impact. Give them the impression that helping you will actually help the US economy etc.

If they want - they have contacts that can help you to get information about your case.

Unless there is a pressing reason to do so, they will not help you expedite the case - but I think in your case there is a pressing reason.

Good luck. I will really be happy if this works out for you soon.

I did contact to congressman, got the reply back saying my I140 and 485 are merged together, and I will get the result on both of them. (That’s the answer they got from INS)
I confirmed this with my attorney, and he said its not possible, both the cases will process separately, they are not directly linked with each other.

EB3
I-140 - May 2002
485 - Sept 2002
2nd EAD received in Dec 2003.

mine was May 02- just approved

I think its all about luck. My EB1 OR application wsa pending since May 2002. Approved on 01/08/04. no RFE. In the meantime I applied for 2 sets of AP, EAD, got finger printed etc. My company lawyers were using an attorney liason service for the past 6 months to no avail. Then I called the service center for the fist time and asked the operator about the delay. She gave the usual "I can start a status inquiry" answer. the only question she asked was if I had moved my resudence. I had moved to a neighboring state. Anyway, next day the I-140 was approved. concidence ?

My I-140 and EAD approved on the same day

Hi High5

My I-140 and EAD got approved today. Please see the EB1-OR thread for details.

Thanks
Sekar

Thanks all

Thanks all for your responses.

believe_in_self thanks for your help on info on contacting congressman.

Congrats keSar. Wish you luck for I-485.

Re: My I-140 and EAD approved on the same day

Ksekar,
thank you for such great news man! I am so happy for you. You can't imagine how much.
Can you take a private message? I would like to ask ypu few questions. I liv ein the same area as you.
-mzgh

Originally posted by kSekar
Hi High5

My I-140 and EAD got approved today. Please see the EB1-OR thread for details.

Thanks
Sekar

thanks mzgh

Hi mzgh

Thanks for your comments. You are welcome to contact me.
I don't know if I can give the contact number here in the forum.
Still I don't mind giving it. Call me at 978-977-3532.

Sekar

RFE on my 140 after 590 days!!!

BCIS has atlast touched my application... Online message shows that RFE mailed on Jan 23 2004. I might know the details next week... They have issued RFE after 590 days....

Snowbell,
please post your RFE detail.

Thanks,

I-140 (EB-3)
RD - May 2002
AD - ??

Received 2nd EAD
RD - Sept 2002
FP1 - Nov 2002

Attorney hasn't got the RFE notice

I will update with RFE once the company contacts me.... I called BCIS toll-free number and they can't give me the details..

I-140 still pending :( and EAD not received

Hi All.

I checked the online case status today, it says that my EAD card has been sent. I has been more than 25 days and I have not yet received my EAD. I have moved since my EAD was filed and I had called BCIS 5 months before and told them that my address has changed and gave them the new address.

I'm not sure if they have updated my new address. When I called them again today and told them that I have not received my EAD yet and asked them to verify my address. She said I need to send a letter to BCIS to validate the address :(

First of all they approved my EAD after 1-1/2 year and now once they have approved it they can't tell me if they sent EAD my correct address :( I need to wait again till I hear back from them for the address.

I'm not sure if they have changed the policy that they won't even update/verify the address on phone. I will appreciate if forum could share their recent experiences with address change.

My I-140 is still pending (Filed in March 2002 and have made several inquires but no reply from them :(

High5,
I also moved to a new place after my EAD was filed. It was sent to the old address and got returned. I called the 1800# and she changed address for me, and said they will send it to the new address. She also told me to file AR-11.
After 20 days, I called again, another lady told me I could not file another inquiry in 30 days. I asked her just to check if my previous request was processed and she refused. I think she actually told me I should write a letter to VSC instead and they do not change address by phone. I was confused so I called again. The third one said if she was not sure, and I can write a letter..... anyway, they don't seem to know what they are doing. I wrote a letter to the VSC address they gave me anyway. But about a month after my first call, I got my EAD sent to my new address.

Hello hueymeei,

Can you please let us know to which address did you send a letter to inform change of address ? And also please let us know if you have sent AR-11 along with your letter to USCIS ?

Thank you..!!!

Marais,

I filed AR-11 after the first call, it was sent to
U.S Department of Homeland Security
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration
Change of Address
PO Box 7134
London, KY 40742-7134

(http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/ar-11.htm)

I sent a letter giving them my case#, name, and address etc information, requesting them to resend my EAD. I belive the letter was sent to

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

(http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/vermont/aboutus.htm#anchorWHERE)

You may call the 1800# to confirm the address. (I don't have that note with me now)

snowbell

snowbell
Any updates on your RFE in late Jan 2004. Did it help move your I-140 application.