I-140, I-485, I-765 (Forms and Filling)

jonboutilier

Registered Users (C)
I am filing my I-140, I-485,I-765! Got DOL certification from Philly 04/04/03.

My wife just passed away and I have now have the following to deal with as well:

My problem is that my company after 2 yrs has just relocated thier HR and Corporate Headquarters. I have been given 2 options:

1) wait 30-60 days and they will begin to work on my filing (which I don't want - it has been long enough already)

2) complete all the paper work myself and associated letters, etc and send it to them. They will do a review and sumbit it!

Filing Conceurrently: EB3 RIR - Skilled Worker

1) I have no "A" number. Do I submit all forms at once leaving the "A" number blank?
2) Will they assign and provide the # on the forms when a # is available?
3) Do I file just the I-140 and then wait for a ND and fill the "A" number in on my I-485 and I-765 forms and then submit them?

In doing this myself I have filled out the I-140 forms completely!
Now do I need to submit a copy of my educational certificates, my company sponsered inhouse training certificates of completion, copy of my resume (experience)?

My company has over 100 employees, do I submit a letter from a financial advisor of the company stating the ability to pay the wage? I have worked at this wage for 7 yrs now with them?

Do I need to submit INS Medical forms at this time or will I be contacted to get this done from INS at a later date like the fingerprinting?

Change of address? I just moved (14 miles away from my old residence) I do not have an A # to place on this form....do I wait until I get the A # or mail it without it for the time being?

I know this is a lot of questions and I don't expect to get all the answers....but even a few would be helpful. The greencard process is stressful enough on it's own. I do not mind getting the info myself! I just need some direction as to where I can get the answers!

Hi joonboutilier:

Sorry to hear your wife just passed away. I hope that your immigration application will be smooth to bring you luck.
Please look for my answers under your questions. It is just my opinions.

Originally posted by jonboutilier
I am filing my I-140, I-485,I-765! Got DOL certification from Philly 04/04/03.

My wife just passed away and I have now have the following to deal with as well:

My problem is that my company after 2 yrs has just relocated thier HR and Corporate Headquarters. I have been given 2 options:

1) wait 30-60 days and they will begin to work on my filing (which I don't want - it has been long enough already)

2) complete all the paper work myself and associated letters, etc and send it to them. They will do a review and sumbit it!

Filing Conceurrently: EB3 RIR - Skilled Worker

1) I have no "A" number. Do I submit all forms at once leaving the "A" number blank?
YES. Leave the "A" number blank.

2) Will they assign and provide the # on the forms when a # is available?
YES. They will assign the A# for you after you apply I-140.

3) Do I file just the I-140 and then wait for a ND and fill the "A" number in on my I-485 and I-765 forms and then submit them?
NO. You don't have to. Once you apply I-140, you will be assigned A# which will be on everywhere (I-485, I-765 OR I-131 if you apply AP also). When you get the receipts for all of those applications, you will see it on those receipts. So leave all of your application A # blank, they will automatically apply to

In doing this myself I have filled out the I-140 forms completely!
Now do I need to submit a copy of my educational certificates, my company sponsered inhouse training certificates of completion, copy of my resume (experience)?
If you have all of certificates, training certificate to support your applications, WHY NOT. Of course, attach your recent copy of resume. and Get all of references from your previous company which should provide your job titles and job descriptions(Don't forget using company's head letters)

My company has over 100 employees, do I submit a letter from a financial advisor of the company stating the ability to pay the wage? I have worked at this wage for 7 yrs now with them?
I would say YES to avoid future RFEs. My lawyer did this for me. He strongly suggest to do so.

Do I need to submit INS Medical forms at this time or will I be contacted to get this done from INS at a later date like the fingerprinting?
Also I would suggest you to do so. This is what I did to make your application completed. BUT I don't know what happens if you don't. I just did according to my lawyer's check lists.

Change of address? I just moved (14 miles away from my old residence) I do not have an A # to place on this form....do I wait until I get the A # or mail it without it for the time being?
Just leave it blank because you don't have one at this time. BUT once you file I-140 and get one, you will better to use A # for your address change in the future.

Hope that you will be lucky. Best wishes.

I know this is a lot of questions and I don't expect to get all the answers....but even a few would be helpful. The greencard process is stressful enough on it's own. I do not mind getting the info myself! I just need some direction as to where I can get the answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 Form Part 2 Question!

K-
If I am filing concurrently what is the appropriate box to check?
Only A or E are an option to me! Even though a visa # has not been available immediatley prior to filing concurrently, do I check A. or... do I check E and explain filing concurrently?

Part 2. (Check One)

I am applying for adjustment to permanent residence status because:

a) an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa # has been approved.

b) my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status or was granted lawful permanent residence in an immigrant vise category that allows derivative status for spouses and children

c) I entered as K-1 fiance of a US citizen whom I married within 90 days of entry, or I am the K-2 child of such fiance.

D) I was granted asylum or derivative asylum status as the spouse or child of a person granted asylum and am eligible for adjustment.

e) I am a citizen of cuba admitted or paroled into the US after jan 1 1959 and physically present in the US for at least 1 yr

f) I am the husband, wife or minor unmarried child of a Cuban described in )e) and am residing with that person.

g) I have continuously resided in the US since before Jan 1 1972

e) other eligibility. Explain ____________________________________________________

This is my last question I need an answer too! Other than that I am ready to send everything in!

Thanks