I-140 denied at NSC due to single degree issue

gs77

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm new this forum. My I-140 denied at Nebraska due to single degree issue. I have 3 year BS from India + 1 year PG diploma in Computer Applications + 15 years of experience in IT industry. Unfortunately my Lawyer mentioned 4 year BS degree in item 14 and blank in item 15 in my ETA-750 part A. Nebraska did not accept my credential evaluation based on my 3 year BS degree plus one year PG diploma which is equivalent to 4 year US bachelors degree.

My lawyer did not go further and he applied a fresh Labor which is pending in Backlog Reduction Center in Dallas.

Recently I came to know about evaluator Sheila Danzig, Career Consulting International. They evaluates the 3-Year degree as equivalent to the US Bachelor’s degree, using a course by course, expanded report as well as an expert opinion letter, backing up the evaluation.

Can I re-apply I-140 with a fresh evaluation from Sheila Danzig ? Is there any chance to getting approval as I have previous history of denial ?

Thanks.

gs77 said:
Hi,

I'm new this forum. My I-140 denied at Nebraska due to single degree issue. I have 3 year BS from India + 1 year PG diploma in Computer Applications + 15 years of experience in IT industry. Unfortunately my Lawyer mentioned 4 year BS degree in item 14 and blank in item 15 in my ETA-750 part A. Nebraska did not accept my credential evaluation based on my 3 year BS degree plus one year PG diploma which is equivalent to 4 year US bachelors degree.

My lawyer did not go further and he applied a fresh Labor which is pending in Backlog Reduction Center in Dallas.

Recently I came to know about evaluator Sheila Danzig, Career Consulting International. They evaluates the 3-Year degree as equivalent to the US Bachelor’s degree, using a course by course, expanded report as well as an expert opinion letter, backing up the evaluation.

Can I re-apply I-140 with a fresh evaluation from Sheila Danzig ? Is there any chance to getting approval as I have previous history of denial ?

Thanks.

yes you can re-apply.
The point is: your attorney needs to frame the application appropriately so as to cover the concerned area after you get the eval done.
good luck.

I sent PM in detail please check it.

gs77 said:
Hi,

Thanks.

3 year degree issue

I recently heard back from a client who had a denial due to the single source degree issue before I did the evlaution. He was approved using my course by course evaluation with an expanded report along with a conversion of the contact hours to US credits using the Carnegie unit, plus the expert opinion letter from the professor -- after a denial. So not only can it happen - it has happened and it was in Nebraska.

For some good information about the 3 year degree and a sample evlauation and expert opinion letter go to www.ThreeYearDegree.com

Feel free to call me for a free phone consultation. 1.800.771.4723

-Sheila Danzig

I140 approved with 3 year degree.

Hello All,

Just got the magic email from BCIS that my I140 has been approved. I've a 3 year BSc degree from India. Luckily my lawyer had mentioned that "BS or equivalent" - with further explanation that "Equivalency can be derived as a combination of education + experience". It took ~ 2 months for I140 to be approved from NSC.

I've been an avid reader of this forum and others, and I think the point that made the difference was the magic words in ETA 750 - equivalent = edu + exp. Good luck to you all.

Thanks.
Ashok.

Congrats...

Please let me know excatl words in 14 and 15 column of your ETA 750.

Thanks,

dmashok said:
Hello All,

Just got the magic email from BCIS that my I140 has been approved. I've a 3 year BSc degree from India. Luckily my lawyer had mentioned that "BS or equivalent" - with further explanation that "Equivalency can be derived as a combination of education + experience". It took ~ 2 months for I140 to be approved from NSC.

I've been an avid reader of this forum and others, and I think the point that made the difference was the magic words in ETA 750 - equivalent = edu + exp. Good luck to you all.

Thanks.
Ashok.

dmashok said:
Hello All,

Thanks.
Ashok.
Appreciate you posting this...helps others much!
thx.
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005
ETA Case # D-05139-*****

File using new labor

Any one filed 140/485 in other center using new Labor that who got denied in NSC based on educational grounds.

What is the out come please let me know? Thanks in advance

I140 plunge

I wish to bring to you all my predicament. My PD Mar 2003 and my Labor has been approved from NSC. I have got my 8th year extension till Apr 07. Now my I140 is to be filed and I have BS in Computer Science as my qualification in the Labor. My attorney put this because my evaluation said that with my qualification with Regular BSc and MBA and IT certificates courses and Oracle 8 certification and 10 years of IT experience, my qualification is equivalent to BSc Computer Science. My attorney says it was ok to put this 4 years ago. Now he says the scrutiny is much more. So just wanted to get all the opinions on my future course of action before I take the I140 plunge. What could be my options going forward with my wife doing LPN (nursing) and my daughter going to college this year. Please spare a couple of minutes if you can and advise.