I-134 related question, urgent.

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
Myself and my wife have a Employment based Greencard interview in Chennai, India for July 07. It shouild be noted that my wife would return with me to US and wouldn't be a follow to join applicant. Pkt 4 states that only follow to join appolicants will need I-134. Hence based on that I have the following questions:
1)Is I-134 mandatory document?
2)If I-134 is needed, FOr I-134 I have to be the person who supports my wife and my employer doesn't have to do it. Hence I fill it with me as a support person supporting my wife and get it notarized in US. For I-134 I attach the notarized employment letter as my proof. Will that be enough or is the bank support document (showing when the account was opened and the account details issued by the bank )mandatory. Right now it is very close and I don't know whether I will get the bank document on time. However I do have the bank support document issued in Jan 07 and hence will that + next monthly bank statements(from Feb 07-June 07) be treated as a support document for I-134.

Thansk for your quick response.

I-134 is mandatory

I-134 is mandatory. You don't need any supporting document for it.

Carrying any income and employment related supporting documents is adviced in general for the interview.

where can I find Form I-134, can anyone please provide me the link. I do not have one and was not aware that I should get one.

Thanks to rrajendar for bringing up this point.

Thanks,
-DR.

I-134 is mandatory. You don't need any supporting document for it.

Carrying any income and employment related supporting documents is adviced in general for the interview.

Hi SB-2004
So you mean to say that with I-134 I attach the supporting documents of it which are my payslips and my notarized employment verification letter alone and no bank verification letter is needed.
HOwever the I-130 forms says below and hence I thought bank verification letter is also needed. For your convenience I put hte I-134's content:
Evidence should consist of copies of any or all of thefollowing documentation listed below that are applicable toyour situation.Failure to provide evidence of sufficient income and/orfinancial resources may result in the denial of the alien'sapplication for a visa or his or her removal from the UnitedStates.The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of incomeand resources, as appropriate:
A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where you have deposits, identifying the following details regarding your account:

B.B. Statement of your employer on business stationery,revealing:
1. Date and nature of employment, 2. Salary paid, 3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.
D. List contiaing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

Please let me know.

I-134

For employment based, I-134 is a mere formality. Nobody is going to ask you
for supporting documents for I-134. They concentrate more on whether you are really married..so expect marraige related queries for spouse.

If I-134 would have been for visitor's visa, I would have given the latest bank letter with all required details and as many other details as possible.

Here even a latest bank statement would be more than sufficient. Since you have notarized employment letter with your income stated, pay slips etc ...they know you are earning good money !

For employment based, I-134 is a mere formality. Nobody is going to ask you
for supporting documents for I-134. They concentrate more on whether you are really married..so expect marraige related queries for spouse.

If I-134 would have been for visitor's visa, I would have given the latest bank letter with all required details and as many other details as possible.

Here even a latest bank statement would be more than sufficient. Since you have notarized employment letter with your income stated, pay slips etc ...they know you are earning good money !

Hi SB-2004
Thanks for your response. Could you please also answer my below question:

For I-134,
should I be the sponsor and support by wife and I notarize it in US
or
should my employer be the sponsor and support my wife and my employer notarize it in US.

I-134 is mandatory.
When I had my interview , there were quite a few Immigrant Visa applicants who had their visa's put in "Pending" for not having the I-134.

Did not need it myself as I am not sponsoring anybody.