I-131 Address Question

EirwenPR

Registered Users (C)
Hi,I'm currently filing a I-131 for a refugee travel document and came across a question regarding the address. I go to college out-of-state, so for the address, should I write down my home address or school address? My address on file with USCIS should be my home address since from what we heard, you don't have to file a change of address as a college student since you're considered living both at school and at home, and I file my income tax with my parents as a dependent as well. Is it okay for me to use my school address instead of my permanent address for my I-131?
Thanks in advance!

Will that work since I'm only in another state, not another country? On the form, to enter an address in part 3, you have to check either "to a U.S. Consulate/Embassy" or "to a DHS office overseas," and I highly doubt they'd have the former in Illinois, and I don't think Illinois is their idea of "overseas." :p
In other words, will it be better if I file a change of address anyways and put down my school address instead of my home one in part 1 and 2?

Last edited by a moderator: