I-130 processing time

uniqueengine

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends,

I am a naturalized US citizen and filed form I-130 petition for my wife (living oversea) in February 2007 this year. However, after 3 months waiting, I haven't received any respose from CIS.

Could anyone tell me how long it takes on an average to get I-130 approval in the cases similar to mine?

Thank you very much

~BL

Its very much dependent upon which Service Center is handling your case. If you haven't even received the initial receipt, I'd probably be starting to make inquiries about now.

As a comparison, I submitted an I-130 in late March to Vermont for one of my parents, and the petition came back approved in a little over 3 weeks. We are currently in the fee-paying/affidavit of support loop with NVC, and hope to have the whole process wrapped up over the next 6 months.

Hi Boatbod,

Thank you very much. Actually I also filed I-130 to Vermont service center.
As mentioned in NewlyMinted's previous post, Vermont center is currently processing applications that were submitted on March 12 2006. But, as I know, many people who apply for their parents got approval much faster than that. I just don't think that data on CIS site is very reliable

Its very much dependent upon which Service Center is handling your case. If you haven't even received the initial receipt, I'd probably be starting to make inquiries about now.

As a comparison, I submitted an I-130 in late March to Vermont for one of my parents, and the petition came back approved in a little over 3 weeks. We are currently in the fee-paying/affidavit of support loop with NVC, and hope to have the whole process wrapped up over the next 6 months.

... But, as I know, many people who apply for their parents got approval much faster than that. I just don't think that data on CIS site is very reliable

Two things come to mind:-
1. VSC's published dates are garbage. Quite possibly they may be processing *some* cases from March 2006, but they have been processing a lot of newer cases too. A search amongst the other posts in this forum will definitely confirm thats happening a lot.

2. There are probably different processing queues for parents vs spouses, so my experience will probably be very different from yours. Having said that, three months without even a receipt seems a bit much, so perhaps your paperwork got itself lost. Did USCIS cash your check?