I-130 processing Chennai/Hyd

nsvr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I heard that US consulate has a center in Hyderabad for Visa processing? Is it possible to opt Hyderabad for family based (I-130 processing) GC instead of Chennai?

I would request your help in listing the documents that I should be submitting along with my I-130 application.

I am a USC trying to compile visa documents for my wife in India and minor step-child. I notice in this thread that few have filed I-485 concurrently. I have the follwoing questions?
1) Is it necessary to file I-485 concurrently or can I wait till I-130 is approved? Advantages/Disadvantages of filing concurrently
2) Should I file separate forms for my wife and minor(14 yrs) step-child? or a single I-130 form suffice?
3) What are the documents that I should include with I-130?
I-130 form and Check for $355
G-325A for self
G-325A for wife
Is G-325A required for minor child?
USC certificate and passport copies for Self
Photos for self and wife
Marriage certificate
Are birth certificates for self and wife required to be filed?
Any other affidavits and certificates?

Thanks

You would need to decide if
1. you file the i-130 domestically and your family will seek a visa overseas, or
2. you file i-130 overseas, or
3. your family will adjust their status domestically.

I-130 Domestically

You would need to decide if
1. you file the i-130 domestically and your family will seek a visa overseas, or
2. you file i-130 overseas, or
3. your family will adjust their status domestically.

Acr,
Thanks for yr prompt response. My objective is to get my family to USA at the earliest. What mode of processing is faster? If the processing time is the same, then for the sake of convenience, I will handle all the correspondence by filing the I-130 here in USA.
Thanks

US Consulate at Hyderabad handles only non immigrant visas. You will have to use the Chennai consulate for immigrant visa processing.

nsvr
You would file (2) I-130's (wife & child), total fee of $710.00 marking as consular processing. I-485 is for individuals here in US adjusting status to that of LPR. Hyd US consulate are processing non-immigrant visas, all immigrant visas are still being processed by Chennai US Consulate.

I-130 processing

Thanks nkm-Oct23

Is a separate I-130 application required for the minor child of the spouse (step-child) or the same I-130 application for the spouse will do?

Thanks

Acr,
Thanks for yr prompt response. My objective is to get my family to USA at the earliest. What mode of processing is faster? If the processing time is the same, then for the sake of convenience, I will handle all the correspondence by filing the I-130 here in USA.
Thanks
No processing times are different. Shortest being filing overseas, then domestically together, then separate.

Thanks nkm-Oct23

Is a separate I-130 application required for the minor child of the spouse (step-child) or the same I-130 application for the spouse will do?

Thanks
a separate I-130 application required for the minor child of the spouse (step-child) enless they are not qualified for one being above 18.