I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Received the lockbox acceptance email early (2:00am) this morning for both I-130 that my wife sent to Chicago. The email said the case was going to be transferred to NBC. Can anyone clarify what happens now and about how long my wife has to wait before USCIS approves it and sends it to NVC?

Is there a thread like this for spouses doing consular? I am interested in finding examples of peoples timelines. thanks

We received the I-130 receipts today for my wife's parents. I was surprised to see the return address on the envelopes was Overland Park, KS since I though NBC was in Lee's Summit, MO. However, I Googled the National Benefits Center in Overland Park, KS and found the following information: August 15, 2012 - CSC and the Vermont Service Center began shipping stand-alone Immediate Relative I-130 petitions to NBC. NBC ships I-130’s to the field bi-weekly based on jurisdiction (ZIP code). There are two exceptions to the petitions sent to the field: those that are foreign filers, and expedite requests. Once NBC is staffed for this workload in 2013, we will assume jurisdiction of the stand-alone Immediate Relative I-130 petitions. December, 2012 – NBC will expand to a second facility in Overland Park, KS. Forms I-90 and I-130 will be processed and adjudicated at this facility.

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach...ents/2012/November 2012/NBC-AILA-11-30-12.pdf

Any updates?

Hi Guys, has anyone send their I-130 back in Jan this year and received any updates? anything other than the regular receipt notice? I applied for both parents in Jan 25th but i haven't not heard anything back from the CSC since the recipt notice... both cases are still under "Initial Review" (I Hate that status) I don't know if I should just give them a call and see what's going on.

Hi jl_colin and everybody,

I was wondering about "Medical done" in the timeline for your mom's approval. Does everyone need to pass the medical exam in order to get visa? What is it like? I am currently waiting for I-130 to be processed for my mom (she is widow, my dad passed away last year) and she is concerned how her high blood pressure can affect her chances in getting visa :rolleyes:

Thank you in advance

Hi Dhlunar,

Sorry for getting back to you this late. I have been busy with work and arrival of my mother. The medical exam is a part of immigration visa procedures. They (consulate) want to ensure that the applicant (beneficiary) does not have any transmissible or infectious diseases and she/he is up to date with vaccinations. Also, sorry to hear that your dad passed away last way. My sincere condolescences! The blood pressure, diabete...are not big deal. My mom does have a diabete and high blood pressure. The Consul will review the medical report and determine if there is something in it to deny the visa.

Good luck & hope for your mom to get a visa!

Hi Dhlunar,

Sorry for getting back to you this late. I have been busy with work and arrival of my mother. The medical exam is a part of immigration visa procedures. They (consulate) want to ensure that the applicant (beneficiary) does not have any transmissible or infectious diseases and she/he is up to date with vaccinations. Also, sorry to hear that your dad passed away last way. My sincere condolescences! The blood pressure, diabete...are not big deal. My mom does have a diabete and high blood pressure. The Consul will review the medical report and determine if there is something in it to deny the visa.

Good luck & hope for your mom to get a visa!

I think this message was directed towards natalka.

I just got the NVC letter letting me know my case number, and that I have to pay the AoS.

Got a question, they sent me a DS3032 with a bar code, and on the top says expiration date: 12/31/2006!!! whats that supposed to mean? should I use that one? or should I just download and fill out another one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preliminary Questions before Filing.. pl help

Hello:

I am getting ready to file my mom and dad's I-130 applications and have the following questions:

1. I plan to submit the following: Form G1145, $Check, Form I130, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my Naturalization Certificate, copy of my US passport (all pages) and my parent's Marriage certificate. Note that I being their son have the same last name.. so I am assuming I do not need to submit my marriage certificate. Is that a correct assumption? Also, is there anything I am missing from the above list?

2. Can I send both the Applications in the same envelope or should I send separately to USCIS lock box address?

3. My birth was registered with the municipal corporation in India, 7 years after my birth date? I am sending a copy of the Registration Certificate (showing the names of both my parents). I do not have any other records (i.e. Hospital records etc). Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what is the way out?

4. My parent’s marriage was registered (with the Local Municipal Corporation) more than 20 years after their marriage. Since I know, in this instance, it might be a problem later in the process, I have two affidavits from relatives. Question is – should I submit the affidavits now with the I 130 or wait until later when I have to submit documents to National Visa Center?

I would appreciate any inputs or help that anyone here can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

can anyone help with any of these please? thanks.
Hello:

I am getting ready to file my mom and dad's I-130 applications and have the following questions:

1. I plan to submit the following: Form G1145, $Check, Form I130, copy of my birth certificate, copy of my Naturalization Certificate, copy of my US passport (all pages) and my parent's Marriage certificate. Note that I being their son have the same last name.. so I am assuming I do not need to submit my marriage certificate. Is that a correct assumption? Also, is there anything I am missing from the above list?

2. Can I send both the Applications in the same envelope or should I send separately to USCIS lock box address?

3. My birth was registered with the municipal corporation in India, 7 years after my birth date? I am sending a copy of the Registration Certificate (showing the names of both my parents). I do not have any other records (i.e. Hospital records etc). Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what is the way out?

4. My parent’s marriage was registered (with the Local Municipal Corporation) more than 20 years after their marriage. Since I know, in this instance, it might be a problem later in the process, I have two affidavits from relatives. Question is – should I submit the affidavits now with the I 130 or wait until later when I have to submit documents to National Visa Center?

I would appreciate any inputs or help that anyone here can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

Wife submitted the I-130 for her mom and dad about a month ago. As anyone would expect she doesn't like the hurry up and wait, and would love for USCIS to process it soon so she can move on to the NVC stage and bring her parents here as soon as possible.

So, my wife called NCSC last Friday and asked what is the current processing time for I-130 out of NBC. The Tier 1 agent told her that NBC doesn't provide them with that information, so my wife requested to be transferred to someone that could provide her with a better answer. The agent then repeated the script and did not acknowledge my wife's request to be transferred.

About two weeks ago she made an INFOPASS appointment at the Baltimore field office for today to talk to someone regarding the I-130 cases. She had to be in Baltimore for work today, so it was no big deal and would of canceled the INFOPASS appointment if she got a straight forward answer from NCSC when she called last week. So, the IIO (Immigration Information Officer) at Baltimore told her today that Baltimore receives batches of I-130 from NBC to be processes, and they currently just finished the March batch. She informed my wife that her parents I-130 are still in NBC. The IIO did say that once they receive the cases from NBC they are processes pretty quickly as long as all the necessary information is included. The IIO did advise my wife to call NSCS again for a status update in two to three weeks.

I only know the answers to 1 and 2.

1. Correct, at this time you do not need to submit your marriage certificate. It will be asked for later when the case is at NVC. Both the Naturalization Certificate and the US Passport show US Citizenship, so there is no need to send both. Also, there is no need to copy every single page of your US Passport, because only the personal information page has the needed information.

2. Yes both applications can be sent in the same envelope to the lockbox.

Did you wife get any specific information about her parent's case? did she go without her parents for infopass?

I submitted my Dad's application more than 7 months ago, besides a finger print in the 1st month, we haven't got any information yet. I wonder when it's a good time to do infopass.

Wife submitted the I-130 for her mom and dad about a month ago. As anyone would expect she doesn't like the hurry up and wait, and would love for USCIS to process it soon so she can move on to the NVC stage and bring her parents here as soon as possible.

So, my wife called NCSC last Friday and asked what is the current processing time for I-130 out of NBC. The Tier 1 agent told her that NBC doesn't provide them with that information, so my wife requested to be transferred to someone that could provide her with a better answer. The agent then repeated the script and did not acknowledge my wife's request to be transferred.

About two weeks ago she made an INFOPASS appointment at the Baltimore field office for today to talk to someone regarding the I-130 cases. She had to be in Baltimore for work today, so it was no big deal and would of canceled the INFOPASS appointment if she got a straight forward answer from NCSC when she called last week. So, the IIO (Immigration Information Officer) at Baltimore told her today that Baltimore receives batches of I-130 from NBC to be processes, and they currently just finished the March batch. She informed my wife that her parents I-130 are still in NBC. The IIO did say that once they receive the cases from NBC they are processes pretty quickly as long as all the necessary information is included. The IIO did advise my wife to call NSCS again for a status update in two to three weeks.

@ Sanjay ... For 3 & 4 ... You are ok. As long as its issued by a govt authority, even if its 40 yrs old, it's ok. Also, u send the affidavits later with DS230 not now. All the best.

How/ When do u get GC in hand?

My parents entered US 2 weeks ago, but they were not given any documents. Just their passports were stamped with IR5 stamp. Now what next? How do I get the physical green card in hand? How long does it take? Till they get the GC in hand, what proof do they have that they are here as new PRs.?

Did you wife get any specific information about her parent's case? did she go without her parents for infopass?

I submitted my Dad's application more than 7 months ago, besides a finger print in the 1st month, we haven't got any information yet. I wonder when it's a good time to do infopass.

My wife did a stand-alone I-130 in order to start CP. Her parents are outside the US at this time.

USCIS doesn't provide a lot of general information regarding the processing of I-130 at this time due to various staffing changes in the organization. A stand-alone I-130 used to be processed at service centers (California and Vermont mostly) but the backlog was great that a work distribution order was issued that all pending I-130 were to be sent to NBC and then NBC was going to send them to the local field office of the petitioner to be adjudicated. We were under the assumption that they would be forwarded as they came in, but it appears as if they are forwarded in batches. I also read some were that NBC would start processing stand alone I-130 again when they have enough staffing. From what I read, the petitioner is not notified that the case is transferred from NBC to the local field office. Since it is the field offices that currently do the end processing of the I-130, USCIS is not providing a processing timeline for the I-130 since each field office is different.

What upsets me is the 800 call center is unable to provided any information and I always feel like I know more then a Tier 1 agent, and since these people are not government employees and USCIS want to make sure the information that is given by them is the same, all they do is use flowcharts to direct them to the script that they need to read. I have seen the scripts online. I also find it funny that a majority of the agents read the scripts so fast and a good number of people who call are not native English speakers.

To answer your question, GCgain, regarding Infopass. I believe the national processing goal for I-485 is 5 months. Since it has been 7 months now since you have filed and you have not heard anything, yes I think that Infopass would be advised.

My parents entered US 2 weeks ago, but they were not given any documents. Just their passports were stamped with IR5 stamp. Now what next? How do I get the physical green card in hand? How long does it take? Till they get the GC in hand, what proof do they have that they are here as new PRs.?

I believe the Immigrant Visa IR5 category is Parent of a US Citizen. The endorsement (the stamping in the passport with the immigrant visa) serves as evidence of Permanent Resident status until the cards arrive in the mail. I don't know how long it would take for them to get the cards in the mail, but the endorsement in the passport is usually valid for one year.

If there Immigrant Fee $165 has not been paid to USCIS then they will NOT received the GC.

I just got the NVC letter letting me know my case number, and that I have to pay the AoS.

Got a question, they sent me a DS3032 with a bar code, and on the top says expiration date: 12/31/2006!!! whats that supposed to mean? should I use that one? or should I just download and fill out another one?

Hi Adriana,
Good luck with your case, one question for you: your signature says I-130 approved Feb 8 2013, and on July 3rd you said you just got the NVC letter. Really? It takes five months for the approved paperwork to get to NVC from USCIS? Based on other people's data, I thought it is in the order of 10 days or so. Thanks.