I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Need Help

I-130 for my parents is approved and i have paid Affidavit of Support Fees.
I was able to print Document Cover Sheet and Fee Payment Receipt online. But i dont know what to do next
I have received DS-3032, and i wish to appoint myself as agent of my parents. Hence i will have them sign that form and send it to the address mentioned. Is this correct procedure

Also since NVC or USCIS did not provide any directions, i myself printed a PDF version of affidavit of support form, filled it out and collected documents. Should i email this or should i mail this?

What are next steps to apply for visa?

Wow! Two months for the NVC to receive your case!! That's a way too long. My I-130 petition (Father) was approved on April 3 and the NVC received the case on April 12th. However, I have not yet received the NOA2 mailed to me on April 2nd. I called the USCIS fo my approval notice, they told me to wait unti past 30 days to call them back if I still did not receive it. Hello..USCIS CS people!! it does not take two weeks for domestic mails to reach someone!! You should call the USCIS CS for the approval notice since you have not received it after 30 days.

Hi everyone. I filed for my mom and it took the USCIS 2 months :mad: to send the approval notice to the NVC. I am still waiting for the letter but in the mean time i just want to gather the documents that My mom will need so we save some time. Since most of you are already past this point, maybe you can help me out. thanks.

130 Petition (for Mother)
- 11/19/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 12/03/12: NOA Rec'd.
- 02/08/13: NOA 2 approved
- 04/08/13: NVC received the NOA ( No letter yet)

I-130 for my parents is approved and i have paid Affidavit of Support Fees.
I was able to print Document Cover Sheet and Fee Payment Receipt online. But i dont know what to do next
I have received DS-3032, and i wish to appoint myself as agent of my parents. Hence i will have them sign that form and send it to the address mentioned. Is this correct procedure

Also since NVC or USCIS did not provide any directions, i myself printed a PDF version of affidavit of support form, filled it out and collected documents. Should i email this or should i mail this?

What are next steps to apply for visa?

gcsponsor9,

Congrats for your parents I-130 approval! You are taking the correct steps to the process of your parents Immigrant Visa. The DS-3032 Choice of Agent must be signed by the beneficiaries (your parents), appointing you as their Agent to receive all the correspondences from NVC and to handle their visa processus. Alot of us have used the DS-3032 email format to appoint ourself as Agent. .However, the DS email format must be originated from the beneficiary emails, and not from the petitioner email. I am sure you know how you can sort this oit. This is the quickest way for the NVC to approve the DS-3032 in few days..instead of waiting for weeks. Here is the link to the DS-3032 Email format: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Need marriage certificate or proof of marriage from civil authority for my father's I-130.

I applied for my father's I-130 in June 2012 while he was in the US. He returned to India in October 2012. I heard from UCSIS in March asking for proof of marriage of my parents even though I included two affidavits from relatives present at their wedding. My mom passed away couple of years ago and a death certificate was included. I am having trouble getting a certificate from an Indian civil authority or a non availability certificate because they did not register their marriage in the 1960s.
Can I take my birth certificate, mom and dad's passports, ration cards with my name and my dad's name etc to the regional Indian Embassy in the US to get a non availability certificate?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
s13v2013

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm currently filing I-130 for my mother. I have one question though... My mom currently has a non-immigrant US visa(B-2 for 3 years). Can I still file I-130 petition for her immigration visa or do i have to wait until her B-2 visa is expired. And if i can:

1. Will they just replace her B-2 visa with an immigrant one?

2. Will she still be able to enter US while her petition is in process?

Thank you!

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm currently filing I-130 for my mother. I have one question though... My mom currently has a non-immigrant US visa(B-2 for 3 years). Can I still file I-130 petition for her immigration visa or do i have to wait until her B-2 visa is expired. And if i can:

1. Will they just replace her B-2 visa with an immigrant one?

2. Will she still be able to enter US while her petition is in process?

Thank you!

You can file for her now...her tourist isa will be replaced by the immgrant visa when she goes for the interview and when her immigration visa is granted.
There's no rule against not entering on a tourist visa while the petition is in process but since you show immigrant intent when you apply for her GC,she may be stopped at the point of entry on grounds that she may not go back. It takes about a year for the process to complete,so it's safer to wait and visit once immigrant visa is granted.

parents and sister how long will it take?

I'm finishing my naturalization process, and I petition for my parents and sister (30 years). All together, but they are in the country of origin. How long should it take so they can enter the U.S.? Well I do not know if they can use a tourist visa to come to them to visit me at the end of the year?
How long will it take?
Regards

You can file for her now...her tourist isa will be replaced by the immgrant visa when she goes for the interview and when her immigration visa is granted.
There's no rule against not entering on a tourist visa while the petition is in process but since you show immigrant intent when you apply for her GC,she may be stopped at the point of entry on grounds that she may not go back. It takes about a year for the process to complete,so it's safer to wait and visit once immigrant visa is granted.

Thank you!!!:)

Hi everyone. I filed for my mom and it took the USCIS 2 months :mad: to send the approval notice to the NVC. I am still waiting for the letter but in the mean time i just want to gather the documents that My mom will need so we save some time. Since most of you are already past this point, maybe you can help me out. thanks.

130 Petition (for Mother)
- 11/19/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 12/03/12: NOA Rec'd.
- 02/08/13: NOA 2 approved
- 04/08/13: NVC received the NOA ( No letter yet)

Mine is taking forever too, got the 2 NOA with me, and NVC has not receive anything from USCIS yet, its been almost 3 months, I already send copies of the NOAs and they gonna contact USCIS to see whats going on, I hope they havent lost it :(

Hi Smile1,

after the interview your parents received what kind of documentation? Simply a visa to enter the country? They received permission to work and social security number? Sorry for the inconvenience.

application of I-130 country not available

The country of origin of my parents is not available the application of I-130, what should I do? The interview will be held where is any difference in the duration time?

Updates for Parents:

4/12/13: Mom's case is now under A.P. (Administrative Processing). After the interview, she received 221g Blue Slip for a new Police Clearance & Petition's Birth Certificate.

4/22/13: Received NVC Case no. & IIN for Dad's Petition.

Hi Smile1,

after the interview your parents received what kind of documentation? Simply a visa to enter the country? They received permission to work and social security number? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,
Their passports were kept at the consulate for visa stamping and they were told that they have been granted visa. After 3 days,they received the passports in mail with the immigration visa stamp on their passports and a paper sheet attached to each passport with A nos.( the no. On the green card). The actual GC will arrive in mail after they come to the US and they have to apply for SSN here.

Hi,
Their passports were kept at the consulate for visa stamping and they were told that they have been granted visa. After 3 days,they received the passports in mail with the immigration visa stamp on their passports and a paper sheet attached to each passport with A nos.( the no. On the green card). The actual GC will arrive in mail after they come to the US and they have to apply for SSN here.

I will be applying jointly for my parents and my sister, I know that the process goes separately. But what do you think it will take a long time for the interview and visa in the case of my sister? She will make LLM in UCLA and we are concerned about it. I know this is a casual conversation.

I do not want her to be unable to come to the U.S. lol:confused:

How to put the profession? HELP

I do my taxes jointly with my husband. I'm studying. How to fill in the information from the income tax, because I have no job. I am who will petition so which Profession I put? And income tax who makes the money is my husband. He will be the the sponser along with his father. Help please!

I do my taxes jointly with my husband. I'm studying. How to fill in the information from the income tax, because I have no job. I am who will petition so which Profession I put? And income tax who makes the money is my husband. He will be the the sponser along with his father. Help please!

MSLuko,

Since you jointly filed your Income Tax Return with your husband, what do you put as profession on your 1040 Income Tax Form? It will be the same thing. Your husband should join you and your father-in-law as co-sponsors.

Hope this helps!

Dear Forum Members,
How is the process flow of I-130 (CP) during the initial review? When the case is picked up by NBC (or MSC) for the initial processing, will it later be passed to TSC or VSC? or Will it be passed to local office to petitioner's address?
Trying to see process times for I-130, there are only options to see data for TSC and VSC, nothing for NBC/MSC or any of the local offices. Are all cases first picked up by NBC/MSC? Also (assuming there will be no RFE) how much time is the average for the case being approved and passed to NVC? Thanks for your help and best wishes for everybody's case(s).

Dear Forum Members,
How is the process flow of I-130 (CP) during the initial review? When the case is picked up by NBC (or MSC) for the initial processing, will it later be passed to TSC or VSC? or Will it be passed to local office to petitioner's address?
Trying to see process times for I-130, there are only options to see data for TSC and VSC, nothing for NBC/MSC or any of the local offices. Are all cases first picked up by NBC/MSC? Also (assuming there will be no RFE) how much time is the average for the case being approved and passed to NVC? Thanks for your help and best wishes for everybody's case(s).

As per USCIS representative, the case first gets picked up by NBC and then it gets routed to the local field office. At least that is what happened in my case.

You are correct. Unfortunately there is no way to find the timeline for the local field office. Every time when I contacted USCIS, I was told to wait. After seven months of long wait with 'Initial review', I have just got an update on my case with an RFE :mad:

Yet to receive the notice to see what additional evidence that they are looking for.

-Manny11

I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 10/20/12: NOA Rec'd with a receipt date of 10/18/2012
- 05/08/13: Received RFE notification

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello fellow members,

After waiting for a long seven months with "Initial Review" status, I have just got an update on the case with an RFE.
Yet to receive the notice to find out what additional information they are looking for.

Is there anyone got an RFE between Initial filing and I-130 approval? It would be great if you can share with us as what additional evidence requested.

Thanks
Manny11

I-130 Petition (Mother)
- 10/10/12: I-130 Sent via USPS to Chicago
- 10/20/12: NOA Rec'd with a receipt date of 10/18/2012
- 05/08/13: Received RFE notification

Last edited by a moderator: