I-130 for Consular Processing

You need to submit both based on DS-230 requirements but i did submit (to NVC ) only one PCC from Passport Office and others have submitted PCC from local District Police Station and few of them submitted both but in any case you need both and atleast one of them should be subitted with DS-230 and the other can be taken at the time of Interview. Hope this helps.

Good Luck! Thanks Raj

Some one told me that PCC should not be older than 6 months. Does NVC ask for PCC ? or parents needs to submit at Consulate ?

Raj456,

I got an RFE for my Marriage Cert., I sent it last week after talking with the NVC customer service Ithey told me to use the bardcode received earlier). But, when I got the RFE by mail, it also mentioned that PCC from the passport office is needed at the time of the interview. I am not required to submit at this time.

NVC support mentioned that my case is almost done, as soon as they rreceive my original marriage certificate it should be cleared.

My fatger went to the Delhi Passport office. They should be abl to issue my Father PCC in an hour, as it's there in the computer. For my mother they will need to do the police enquiry, and it may take upto 30 days. So will start the process tomorrow, so that we have the paper before the interview.

That's really good news and good luck with the rest of your process. So you did not submit PCC at all?

Good to know. Thanks, Raj

Raj456,

I got an RFE for my Marriage Cert., I sent it last week after talking with the NVC customer service Ithey told me to use the bardcode received earlier). But, when I got the RFE by mail, it also mentioned that PCC from the passport office is needed at the time of the interview. I am not required to submit at this time.

NVC support mentioned that my case is almost done, as soon as they rreceive my original marriage certificate it should be cleared.

My fatger went to the Delhi Passport office. They should be abl to issue my Father PCC in an hour, as it's there in the computer. For my mother they will need to do the police enquiry, and it may take upto 30 days. So will start the process tomorrow, so that we have the paper before the interview.

Feliz.. I guess I will wait to hear about it - it's just that I thought the interview was on Dec 1. Let us know what the story is.

Thanks tanga and Vizanutz,

quoting myself from here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=1545&p=3533324&#entry3533324

Thank you everybody and the forum founders! This would be much harder without all the free information!

There wasnt much notable about our interview experience except

1) it was much busier and crazier time of life for me then I expected, moving ones 60+ y. o. parent to a totally different country is a lot of coordinating to do, I am still not done...

2) interview was easy - officer asked my mom about me - where do I work, live and how I got my citizenship. I was sitting behind her, i donno if that helped.

3) the LAX immigration office was easy:
submit envelope to officer in booth #1 marked "New Immigrants"-> sit and wait to be called (5 min) -> get fingerprinted on a paper form -> go inside and get luggage -> come back, wait 10 more min to be called - > officer returned the passport and 1 page instruction about "wait for GC in the mail"

some other immigrants in front of us didn't have correct photos ( must be matte passport size on white background) so they stayed behind, I donno what happened to them. I suggest keep copies of stuff and photos handy.

After reading about medical insurance troubles at interview - I bought a tourist medical policy here http://www.insubuy.com/newimmigrant.jsp but there were no questions

I donno, may be officer saw policy ID among papers mom gave him. She is not sure.

I would say my presence was most useful in the airport (and of course at traveling/packing), although they had bilingual employees - they were paged through speakers to different booth numbers,
so I am sure she would pass it eventually even if i wasnt there.

VizaNutz, story with interview date change - i guess the one (and only?) advantage of being born in a small, beautiful, but currently very poor country :( - is that embassy is not busy at all and can give an earlier date upon request. While London, Moscow and other bigger embassies have dates assigned months ahead.

Thank you everyone! I will write again when mom gets her GC.

Received Interview Email

Last night i received interview email for my Parents and it is on 08-Jan-2010 at Chennai Consulate.

Thanks,
Raj

Dear all,

I have recently obtained the US citizenship and now I am thinking about sponsoring the immigration of my parents who reside in the old country.
Since my parents are abroad I will use the Consular Processing. I understand that the first step is to submit I-130. My question is the following.
Once the I-130 petitions are approved how fast do I have to do the next steps (I-864, visa bill, choice of agent, DS-230). Is there any way I can postpone the filing of DS-230 if needed. I am not sure if my parents will be able to obtain police clearance and all other documents required for DS-230 very fast so some delay before submitting DS-230 might be unavoidable.
My parents are not young, so I want to submit I-130 ASAP.

Thanks for your input.

Raj456, which forms did your parents used for getting Medical done, and where did you get the forms from. I am looking for the forms, so that my parents can get the medical done once my case is approved.

thanks

sank72,

You can use the Interview letter to get the medicals done and dont need any forms. First you need to take appointment with the US Panel Approved doctor and then need to take the passport, photos and the interview letter to the doctor at the time of appointment and the doctor will do necessary tests as per the age of beneficiary.

Where are you from? Which city?

Hope this helps, thanks, Raj.

Raj456, which forms did your parents used for getting Medical done, and where did you get the forms from. I am looking for the forms, so that my parents can get the medical done once my case is approved.

thanks

You can start the I-130 process and in the mean time your parents can get ready with the necessary certificates and by the time you are eligible for DS-230 all the documents will be ready.

You need to get PCC from Regional Passport Office and District Police Station and these will take probably a week to two weeks at the most.

Where are you guys from? Once I-130 is approved the case will be moved to NVC and then you need to pay $70 AOS Fee and need to send DS-3032 agent form and I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and once the DS-3032 is accepted then you will be eligible to send DS-230.

You have atleast 2 - 3 months from the day you submit I-130 so that should give you enought time to put together all the documents.

Hope this helps...Good Luck!!!!!!

THanks, Raj

Dear all,

I have recently obtained the US citizenship and now I am thinking about sponsoring the immigration of my parents who reside in the old country.
Since my parents are abroad I will use the Consular Processing. I understand that the first step is to submit I-130. My question is the following.
Once the I-130 petitions are approved how fast do I have to do the next steps (I-864, visa bill, choice of agent, DS-230). Is there any way I can postpone the filing of DS-230 if needed. I am not sure if my parents will be able to obtain police clearance and all other documents required for DS-230 very fast so some delay before submitting DS-230 might be unavoidable.
My parents are not young, so I want to submit I-130 ASAP.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks, Raj,

I have just replied to you at another forum. But for the benefit of possible future readers I will write about two possible answers to my question that I got so far.

The first possible answer suggests that approved I-130 expires in one year if no further steps are taken.

The second possible answer says that *if* I-130 is approved and choice of the agent & affidative of support forms are filed then one has one year to file DS-230. However, if one does nothing after the approval of I-130, the I-130 is valid indefinitely since one does not get any time frame to proceed to the second step once I-130 is approved.

I am fine with both possibilities.

vaccination link

Hi guys, I came across this CDC link for the vaccinations required for immigrants to the US. It tells you which vaccine is indicated and which is not based on age, medical condition etc. There is also a copy of the DS 3025 form which is supposed to be filled out by the panel physician. It really is instructions to the panel physician but its good information to know so that you can prepare your relatives.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti_vacc.pdf

Anyone know any good attorney in NY/NJ area who can advise/hlep with the Consular processing cases. NVC is tobling me with the paperwork on the final stage.

First they send me the RFE for Passport Office Police Certificate (with the note that I can bring at the time of the interview) and my original marriage certificate (petitioners). I submitted the marriage certificate.

Not they say bring original birth certificate for my mother (I had submitted Non-Availability and 2 Affidavits with Original petition) and the PCC. They never asked for this in the first RFE (about 3 weeks back). How can I get the original birth certificate, if nothing is available.

Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
sank72,

Call NVC and talk to an operator and explain your situation and tell them that you already mailed Non-Availability and 2 sets of Affidavits for BC. Probably they might have misplaced them and asking you again, but talk to them. If you dont get an answer when you call for the first time, call again after some time and some of the operators are really helpful. Hope this helps.

I mailed 2 sets of Affidavits for BC and MC for my parents and my case is completed and also others did the same too based on the posts that i read on Visajourney.com.

Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Anyone know any good attorney in NY/NJ area who can advise/hlep with the Consular processing cases. NVC is tobling me with the paperwork on the final stage.

First they send me the RFE for Passport Office Police Certificate (with the note that I can bring at the time of the interview) and my original marriage certificate (petitioners). I submitted the marriage certificate.

Not they say bring original birth certificate for my mother (I had submitted Non-Availability and 2 Affidavits with Original petition) and the PCC. They never asked for this in the first RFE (about 3 weeks back). How can I get the original birth certificate, if nothing is available.

Please advise.

Hi,
I will be upgrading my wife and daughter I-130 soon once I become citizen. I have following questions. I would appreciate if someone who recently went through this process can answer my questions. Advance Thanks for your response :)

1) Once I-130 is approved, is it possible to complete the rest of the process if I am overseas, I mean NVC # Process.

2) Is there anything NVC mail you that I need during this process?

3) Can I use I-864 form and DS-230 which are available online to mail NVC, or do I need forms from NVC.

I can only think of these questions at this time. I may have some additional as I will get close to this process. Thanks

I am not sure about other questions but i can answer you this....Once your I-130 is approved the case will be transferred to NVC and once NVC assigns Case Number to you then you can register emails for Petitioner and Beneficiary and by doing this everything will be through emails. You can use online I-864 and DS-230 forms.........

Hope this helps...Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Hi,
I will be upgrading my wife and daughter I-130 soon once I become citizen. I have following questions. I would appreciate if someone who recently went through this process can answer my questions. Advance Thanks for your response :)

1) Once I-130 is approved, is it possible to complete the rest of the process if I am overseas, I mean NVC # Process.

2) Is there anything NVC mail you that I need during this process?

3) Can I use I-864 form and DS-230 which are available online to mail NVC, or do I need forms from NVC.

I can only think of these questions at this time. I may have some additional as I will get close to this process. Thanks

I am not sure about other questions but i can answer you this....Once your I-130 is approved the case will be transferred to NVC and once NVC assigns Case Number to you then you can register emails for Petitioner and Beneficiary and by doing this everything will be through emails. You can use online I-864 and DS-230 forms.........

Hope this helps...Good Luck! Thanks, Raj

Thanks for you response. Did you had to wait or use any mail received from NVC during this process. Like to send I-864 and DS-230.I think I can print the online payment receipt to send these two documents, right???

Thanks