I-130 for Consular Processing

VIZANUTZ!! I did too :eek:!!! for Dec 1, 2009!!! Congratulations!!! :D:D:D

Excellent... I was a few days ahead of you.. now you've caught up to me and even moved ahead!!!

Now that the NVC drama is about to be over.. what am I going to do? I got so used to calling NVC AVR everyday, a few times a day. I called so much, I wouldn't be surprised if NVC got a restraining order against me -

1. Can't call NVC
2. Can't have a friend call NVC on behalf of me
3. Can't write to NVC
4. Can't be within 1-block of NVC ha ha

It's all good!!!

VIZANUTZ!! I did too :eek:!!! for Dec 1, 2009!!! Congratulations!!! :D:D:D

Btw, a question for you...

On the 3rd page of the interview letter pdf, it lists all the documents that NVC required and their status codes, such as received/accepted/original etc. In mine, the "DS-230 II" has the status "F" meaning "This form is not necessary for this application". I am kind of confused by it.

Is yours the same way?

Feliz and VisaNutz,
Congratulations to both of you. I hope you will remain on the forum for some more time.

BTW, How does one go about completing the "medical". Are there USCIS approved doctors in India for completing the medical exam/requirements for my spouse in India?

Thanks

Feliz and VisaNutz,
Congratulations to both of you. I hope you will remain on the forum for some more time.

BTW, How does one go about completing the "medical". Are there USCIS approved doctors in India for completing the medical exam/requirements for my spouse in India?

Thanks

Thanks nsvr.
Yes, the medical has to be done by an embassy approved physician. Go to the page in the link and select an embassy, and it will show you a list of approved physicians.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

NVSR,

What Consulate is in your jurisdiction? Ours is Chennai and we are from Hyd. If yours is same too...i can give your more info....

thanks

Feliz and VisaNutz,

Thanks

Apruscind,

yes, we are from HYD and chose Chennai as the consulate. Would appreciate any additional info. It has been 4+ weeks since I got the NOA1. Not seen any I-130 approvals lately. Is there any advantage in filing for K-3? I am thinking of filing K-3.

Is there a list of vaccinations that USCIS prescribes?

Another question on Chennai consulate. Should we write CHENNAI or MADRAS as the consulate name? USCIS directory seems to say MADRAS?

Thanks
__________________________________________________ _______
I-130 for spouse
1: 09/14/09 Sent I-130 package
2: 09/15/09 Realized that my I-130 was inaccuate:
I did not fill-in the Chennai Consulate name
I gave my address instead of my spouse overseas address.
Sent an updated I-130 on 09/15/09............Hope they accept this I-130 instead
3: 09/18/09 Received Date
4: 09/23/09 Check Cashed and NOA Received
5: xx/xx/09 RFE date
6: xx/xx/xx Approved
7: xx/xx/xx NOA2 Received
8: xx/xx/xx NVC Case No.
9: xx/xx/xx Medical
10: xx/xx/xx Interview
11: xx/xx/xx Visa Received
12: xx/xx/xx Travel Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Nest, I filled the form in Adobe Acrobat (I was lucky she had only 4 or less items in every question so they all fit in the spaces nicely) and then below the applicant (mom's) signature - i put my name as a person who assisted in filling the application, but the main signature must be the applicants, and its illegal to sign it yourself.

Meaning my Daughter need to send it herself to me or to NVC address with a sigh form DS-230 and all documents attached? I also was reading that I as a petitioner need to send my copy of my Birth Certificate? And copy of my Naturilization Certificate? In case my husband who sigh form I-864A as a co sponsor he need to attach his Birth Certificate as well? And afterwords we send it with a Cover Letter attached to NVC or I have to send it to my Daughter in email? So she send it directly?
So confussing reading it, please help!

Received RFE on I864

RFE says QS 25 information not correct. Me and my wife file joint tax return, but I am not sure which income should I fill here for last 3 yrs.

My AGI on W2 or
Me & My Wife's Agi On IRS Tax Return.

Please help...
:confused:

RFE says QS 25 information not correct. Me and my wife file joint tax return, but I am not sure which income should I fill here for last 3 yrs.

My AGI on W2 or
Me & My Wife's Agi On IRS Tax Return.

Please help...
:confused:

Your W2 DOES NOT have your AGI. It has your INCOME. AGI and INCOME are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

The AGI USCIS is looking for IS THE AGI FROM YOUR TAX RETURN. Since you had filed joint - THERE IS ONLY ONE AGI - which is in your 1040 form.

TO AnkurG and other people WAITING FOR USCIS's approval of i130:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=134 read October and September
and also parent forum is good: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=990&start=990

basically if you see any thread longer then 5-10 pages - its has lots of information and real experience, also try searching your consulate name

BEST SOURCE OF STATISTICS ON i-130 pending at USCIS is the Famous and Awesome Igor's list
http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?visa=3&form=2&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

to VISANUTZ!
Now that the NVC drama is about to be over.. what am I going to do?

:D I know! It's a real psychological dependence, like a cigarette brake - cant eat, smoke or work without taking a brake to call NVC, but since it was short term dependence - don't worry we addictive people soon will find a new obsession :D hopefully a positive one

Btw, a question for you...

On the 3rd page of the interview letter pdf, it lists all the documents that NVC required and their status codes, such as received/accepted/original etc. In mine, the "DS-230 II" has the status "F" meaning "This form is not necessary for this application". I am kind of confused by it.

Is yours the same way?

:) don't worry - it only means ds-230 PART TWO, not required to be signed untill interview oath.

to NEST!
Nest, I filled the form in Adobe Acrobat (I was lucky she had only 4 or less items in every question so they all fit in the spaces nicely) and then below the applicant (mom's) signature - i put my name as a person who assisted in filling the application, but the main signature must be the applicants, and its illegal to sign it yourself.

Meaning my Daughter need to send it herself to me or to NVC address with a sigh form DS-230 and all documents attached? I also was reading that I as a petitioner need to send my copy of my Birth Certificate? And copy of my Naturilization Certificate? In case my husband who sigh form I-864A as a co sponsor he need to attach his Birth Certificate as well? And afterwords we send it with a Cover Letter attached to NVC or I have to send it to my Daughter in email? So she send it directly?
So confussing reading it, please help!

I would have to copy-paste a lot of text to answer this, it's better if you read the wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut#INTRODUCTION

and then if you still have questions - ask away :)

from my experience (I am about 95% sure) - my petitioner's naturalization certificate was only required for initial filing of i130, not for ds230, but for your husband - proof of US citizenship will be required as a part of Affidavit of Support package.

here's what I sent:

I sent following originals:
1) original mom's birth certificate
2) original mom's marriage certificate
3) original my birth certificate
4) original my marriage certificate
5) original mom's police certificate
6) original was unavailable, so - a copy of my dad's death certificate - but case was complete, I guess it was ok

FedEx international envelope costs $40-50 - arrives in 3-4 business days

All,
No news om I-130 approvals. So, I went ahead and filed for K-3, for whatever it is worth. Afterall, it is free

Thanks

__________________________________________________ _______
I-130 for spouse
1: 09/14/09 Sent I-130 package
2: 09/15/09 Realized that my I-130 was inaccuate:
I did not fill-in the Chennai Consulate name
I gave my address instead of my spouse overseas address.
Sent an updated I-130 on 09/15/09............Hope they accept this I-130 instead
3: 09/18/09 Received Date
4: 09/23/09 Check Cashed and NOA Received
5: xx/xx/09 RFE date
6: xx/xx/xx Approved
7: xx/xx/xx NOA2 Received
8: xx/xx/xx NVC Case No.
9: xx/xx/xx Medical
10: xx/xx/xx Interview
11: xx/xx/xx Visa Received
12: xx/xx/xx Travel Date

Hi everyone,

I sent a form DS-230 on 0ct. 27 and was received on 0ct.28. Today the AVR stated that " The Checklist was received on 0ct. 29." My question, is this mean that they received DS-230 package, or is mean something else?

to NEST!

I would have to copy-paste a lot of text to answer this, it's better if you read the wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut#INTRODUCTION

and then if you still have questions - ask away :)

from my experience (I am about 95% sure) - my petitioner's naturalization certificate was only required for initial filing of i130, not for ds230, but for your husband - proof of US citizenship will be required as a part of Affidavit of Support package
Thanks Feliz-La for a your answer, And Thank you for posting above shortcut, yes I read it before from your posts. But my question is, does my daughter need to send it to me or to NVC directly her DS230 form with her Birth Certificate/certified plus police record? And she need it to send it by Fedex, correct?

Sorry, but I have another question... I also apllied for my son under same category F-1(Unmarried Children over 21)
Does anyone knows if a petitioner applied for 2 beneficires and one of them not ready to send all documents with DS-230 required by NVC how will affect another beneficiary who is in same process of waiting or get her visa intervew earlier or they will be same processed at same time?
Because, my son passport is expaired and he is waiting for a new passport, my daughter's documents are ready, and IV Bill paid and I recieved Cover letter and confirmation payment. :confused:

QUESTION FOR PCC

at my place they are not able to issue Police Clarence certificate (PCC) without showing them any proof that we applied to immigration visa and we need it. I got IV bill and waiting for email to pay it.Once I will pay and let say it will be PAID this weekend. Then how many days they need to send anything that you need to fill DS230 or any kind of official document to show and get PCC. Or I can call NVC and ask for it.

any help/suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue with the police certificate where they need some kind of official document from NVC before they will issue it. I have been reading all the posts and it seems like none of the other posters have a clue what we are referring to. I think I will just call NVC to get an answer. If you learn something in the mean time, please post and I will do the same.

Regarding PCC: If you are from India...go to the nearest DCP office and fill i the form (fee is Rs 250) and they should have it in about 15 days .. you do not need a proof for filling an immigration...

If beneficiary has got a passport in last 6 months, just go to the Passport office and get a copy of the police clearance they have for getting passport.