I-130 for Consular Processing

In which case she is fine, without inspection means she came across border illegally. Yes you should immediately file the adjustment of status as soon as you naturalize. She shouldnt attempt to leave the country. It should work out ok, once you turn in the forms, she will have a legal status (pending adjustment of status).

Approximately how long will this process take. We live in NYC. More importantly, how soon do you think we can get her a work permit if I get my naturalization papers by Dec. and file the I-130 by Dec. for her? thanks

Approximately how long will this process take. We live in NYC. More importantly, how soon do you think we can get her a work permit if I get my naturalization papers by Dec. and file the I-130 by Dec. for her? thanks

Normally, if all the required documents are supplied, you can expect to get the work permit within a month or so after applying. You can also expect to get the GC in about 3 months. However, since your mother stayed here illegally, I do not know if USCIS will issue GC without an interview. In that case, it will be longer.

Normally, if all the required documents are supplied, you can expect to get the work permit within a month or so after applying. You can also expect to get the GC in about 3 months. However, since your mother stayed here illegally, I do not know if USCIS will issue GC without an interview. In that case, it will be longer.
ok, thanks

Hearty congratulations Feliz-LA. Yourself and Raj456 seem to be on super fast track

Thanks
nsvr

Thank you! :)

I have read it takes 4 business days to get the interview date email, but have seen cases on spouse forum anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks

VizaNutz, if I understand it right, today is 4 buisness days from your case complete - i hope it HAPPENS!

there is a way to track the package at DHL - although I had troubles testing it yesterday, but it works now!

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/ind..._tracking_and_essentially_insures_delivery.29
b. CR-1/IR-1 case completes.

* NVC will contact you (or you'll know because you've called once or twice a day).

* Setup a medical exam with approved medical facility.

* NVC will advise of interview date at embassy.

* 1. NVC sets an appointment date for you and sends out your package to the US Embassy.

If you're really anal, paranoid, or just a busybody, you can track the package status. You can use the date after your interview was assigned, as the tracking reference date, and then do a search on DHL. The format to use is "EXP 07 OCT 2008A" don't forget the spaces...and to set the date range on the tracking page.
The website for tracking is. http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef
The package may not go out on the next day, but the reference code will still be for that date. When your package is able to be tracked, it will make more sense. You'll see a list of packages going to different embassies. You'll know which one is yours.

I am using EXP 21 OCT 2009A and earlier ones - apparently package reaches majority destinations in 4 business days

PS Speaking of fast track, if i sent 3032 by snail mail instead of email - I would have case complete in 28 days - like some spouse cases. emailing ds3032 caused 2.5 week delay, otherwise it's very possible to be done in under 30 days, if all documents are ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
VizaNutz, if I understand it right, today is 4 buisness days from your case complete - i hope it HAPPENS!

there is a way to track the package at DHL - although I had troubles testing it yesterday, but it works now!

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/ind..._tracking_and_essentially_insures_delivery.29

I am using EXP 21 OCT 2009A and earlier ones - apparently package reaches majority destinations in 4 business days

PS Speaking of fast track, if i sent 3032 by snail mail instead of email - I would have case complete in 28 days - like some spouse cases. emailing ds3032 caused 2.5 week delay, otherwise it's very possible to be done in under 30 days, if all documents are ready.

Feliz.. awesome!!
Now, how do you know which date to use and which shipment is yours?

it's normally 1 package for consulate per day, so just look for your city (or use Ctr+F to search the page) - there will be a list of 2-3 pages - just try - you will see

as to date - in the quote above it says use date of your interview notice, but I cant obviously confirm from my experience

if a consulate is big - packages are sent every day, if its small - it's easier to tell when it was sent cuz they go 1-2 times a week

I am getting ready to send the DS-230 next week,... there was a question there about where he lived for more than 6 months after the age of 16. My coworker is petitioning his dad from mexico and his ds-230 was returned because they were asking for police clearances for all the places where he lived. My hubby in the philippines just gave me a NBI clearance with his present address, will that be a problem? I dont think we have clearances for every place a person lives....do they just give us one clearance for everything? the clearance i have is dated june 2009, should i get a new one too? please help...thanks!

My dad lived in two places after he is 16 years and he got police certificates from both the places. My Mom lived in just one city after 16 and she got one.
In india local Passport office issues police clearance certificate. You can find the information to specific country from the US Consulate website of your country. Based on what i read on the forums police certificates are valid for 1year.

Check this link for your country...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3582.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

Hope this helps. Raj....

I am getting ready to send the DS-230 next week,... there was a question there about where he lived for more than 6 months after the age of 16. My coworker is petitioning his dad from mexico and his ds-230 was returned because they were asking for police clearances for all the places where he lived. My hubby in the philippines just gave me a NBI clearance with his present address, will that be a problem? I dont think we have clearances for every place a person lives....do they just give us one clearance for everything? the clearance i have is dated june 2009, should i get a new one too? please help...thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I have one question, I'm getting ready to send a form DS 230 to NVC for my mother's case. My question is, do I need to submit my original marriage certificate or copy?

Actually, it needs to be original or certified.

Applicants in the following visa categories are required to provide 1) an original or certified copy of their Petitioner’s birth certificate and 2) original or certified copy of their Petitioner’s marriage certificate from the Petitioner’s current and all previous marriages.

* Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old (IR-5)
* Brothers and sisters of United States citizens (F4)

Actually, it needs to be original or certified.

Applicants in the following visa categories are required to provide 1) an original or certified copy of their Petitioner’s birth certificate and 2) original or certified copy of their Petitioner’s marriage certificate from the Petitioner’s current and all previous marriages.

* Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old (IR-5)
* Brothers and sisters of United States citizens (F4)

I married three years ago in NY, is that mean I have to go to NY in order to get my marriage certificate to be certified? WOW!! I may have to send my original MC to NVC.

I think NVC has a lot beraucracy than USCIS. Some times I wonder why we have to send a form DS 3032 Choice of agent; because we're the sponsors. I guess one day someone will change this unnessacery law.

I married three years ago in NY, is that mean I have to go to NY in order to get my marriage certificate to be certified? WOW!! I may have to send my original MC to NVC.

I think NVC has a lot beraucracy than USCIS. Some times I wonder why we have to send a form DS 3032 Choice of agent; because we're the sponsors. I guess one day someone will change this unnessacery law.

The embassy will return the original to your mom after the interview.

Also, you may want to call the recorder/registrar's office to see if they would mail you one.

I sent following originals:
1) original mom's birth certificate
2) original mom's marriage certificate
3) original my birth certificate
4) original my marriage certificate
5) original mom's police certificate
6) original was unavailable, so - a copy of my dad's death certificate - but case was complete, I guess it was ok

FedEx international envelope costs $40-50 - arrives in 3-4 business days