I-130 for Consular Processing

I call NVC customer service and the guy on the phone confirmed that tthe choice of agent can be done by sending an e-mail. He said it is expplained in the package how to do it.

Good deal. i will proceed that way then and save on courrier fees.

Another great find. Thanks to fbanna79 for confirming and thanks to paola81 for the awareness.

I am starting soon too

i went to my oath today
now , i want my mom here :)

so if i understand this correctly
when i send the I-130, along with the fee, all i need to send along is my B-day certificate, and a copy of my naturalization certificate (please correct me if i am wrong)
and when its aproved, then comes step 2 of the plan but one step at the time :)
will be sending the I-130 next week.

ps. does the birth certificate needs to be recent? the one i have was sent to me like 5 years ago, but I could ask my mother to fedex me a recent one if that is necessary
thanks guys

That is all you need unless your mother's name has changed since you was born. in thos case, you will need to provide an explanation or other documentations.

The birth certificate I used was a copy of the original delivered when I was born. I think you should be fine.

Hello guys, what do you think about the shortcuts? Pretty interesting, ah? Well let me know what you guys think or any other news!

iam glad i found this thread. my situation is the same, after a long wait (almost 4 years) completing background and name checks, got my citizenship. in the mean time i got married and did file i-130 for my wife and also upgraded the petiton as a u.s citizen. now i just got a letter from uscis saying that they've upgraded the petiton however processing of this case can't be done because of backgrounds checks that are still pending. i was so depressed to read that letter i already waited 4 years to complete those checks and now i see my self in the same situation. God knows it might take another 4 years or so.

1 apply N400 11/12/2004
2 NOA 11-20/2004
3 FP notice 02/24/2005
4 FP done 03/28/2005
5 IL received 06/14/2005
6 Interview 08/18/2005 (passed but no oath due to pending name check)
7 Info pass 10/15/2005 ( name check still pending)
8 Got married 12/08/2005
9 Info pass 01/24/2006( name check pending)
10 Info pass 03/15/2006 ( name check pending)
11 Filed I-130 11/10/2006
12 Noa I-130 11/22/2006
13 Info passes the whole year of 2007 ( same answer name check pending)
14 Info pass 02/21/2008 ( sent for another fingerprint)
15 Info pass 05/10/2008 ( name check done case assigned to Io for final review)
16 Called by uscis 08/18/2008 ( come for oath tomorrow at 10)
17 Oath 08/19/2008
18 I- 130 petiton upgrade 08/19/2008 ( called uscis and mailed the copy of natz)
19 Letter by uscis 09/21/2008 ( petiton has been upgraded)
20 No processing letter 10/29/2008 ( uscis can't process petiton because of backgrounds pending)
21???????????????????? dont' know what to do

Yes I like the flowchart, it specifies every step clearly. So, are you going to email your DS-3032, it seems that then you don't have to wait for the letter to get to you, as long as you know that it's been mailed.

Paola81,

I sent the e-mail this morning. Basically, I gave the case number, name and date of birth of both the petitionner and the beneficiary and the name, address and phone number of the agent (Who is me).

I will call tomorrow to see if they have it on file. If they do, That will be a big relieve.

iam glad i found this thread. my situation is the same, after a long wait (almost 4 years) completing background and name checks, got my citizenship. in the mean time i got married and did file i-130 for my wife and also upgraded the petiton as a u.s citizen. now i just got a letter from uscis saying that they've upgraded the petiton however processing of this case can't be done because of backgrounds checks that are still pending. i was so depressed to read that letter i already waited 4 years to complete those checks and now i see my self in the same situation. God knows it might take another 4 years or so.

Saki007,

I feel your pain. I can imagine waiting for so many years and being caught up in name check for your partner again.

try to contact your local senator or House of Representative. They may help you.

Good luck.

thanks fbanna! i had contacted them while i was stuck in name check before. all of them said they contacted fbi regarding the situation and there is not much they can do since i have a very common name that i think every time needs further investigation. I'll just wait another 30 days, since i wrote usics a letter on 11/05/08 explaining my situation and how long i have waited. If i don't get any reponse in 30 days, iam going to have to go to court as my last option.

fbanna79, good luck with the email,let me know when you get confirmation!!!! I just want to ask you if you already received your letter or your mom did, before you email them, or you emailed it because you knew your letter's been already mailed.

I anticipated a little bit and e-mailed before the letter came in. I am sure it will be in the mail today or tomorrow. i am still at work and will check my mailbox after work.

From what I heard, paying online is quicker. You can print the cover sheet after three days and mail the I-864 package instead of waiting for them to cash the money order and send the I-864.

If I don't receive my package today, i will try to call NVC to see if they can give me the billing code so i can pay tonight. Trying to save a day there too.

Hi Dekagunda,

Has your case been available online yet? Mine still hasn't.

no it still hasn't showed up as of last night. i haven't checked today my letter is at home and i'm at work til 10pm tonight. so i will check later on tonight and post again.

Is there anyone on this thread that is filing for a spouse? I know fbanna79, paola81 & badprapan2 are filing for their mothers.

It would be great if we could get more people involved that are similar cases to ours...I love this thread!!! lol