I-130 expedited handling request for son over 21

Vijaysinha

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
I have just become a U.S. Citizen and I have applied I-130 for my son who is unmarried, above 21 years age in December 2003, however, the current Visa availability date is 2001. My son who has been working on H1B visa has fallen chronically sick for the last few months and the treatment is available in the U.S. only. Unfortunately, his H1B visa will expire in 6 months (at the end of 6 years) and he will have to go back to his home country where we do not have any one to look after him during his illness. Since the treatment is only available in the U.S., do you think the USCIS will look into his case sympathetically if we request the Visa availability date to be expedited for him on humanitarian grounds so that he can legally remain in the country? Another option that I am considering is approaching a US senator for help. I would highly appreciate your response as I am desperately looking for a solution and a suggestion as to which option would be better.
Best regards.
Vijay

I don't think CIS expedite the process because LPR status is not a must for treatment. I guess CIS is more likely to give him non-immigrant status(B visa) or humanitarian parole status for medical treatment.
You must talk to lawyer rather than senetor for now.

Last edited by a moderator: