I-130 approved. CP questions - Please help.

visa_time

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

My Mom's I-130 got approved and I received it on Friday. I applied in July 07
and approval date was Jan 7th 08. This is from CSC center.

From searching archives, I found what are the next steps and I am waiting NVC to create case and send me info. In the mean time, I am preparing on to see what documents to get it ready from my Mom's side:

1. When do we take the police clearance certificate? What is the process of it? Any format? [This might take a while so I wanted to get it going]

2. Can my Mom select me as her Agent? If so, can I go inside the consulate at the time of her interview for CP? She can't speak english? do the provide some translator in Telugu?

3. Any other documents I need to have from her? I already have her original Non-availability birth certificate, SSLC mark sheet, and affidavit of birth date from her elder sister and brother-in-law?

I really appreciate any feedback on this. Just wanted to get ready with all these to minimize the delay from my side in the processing.

Thanks a lot.

Dear Friends,

From searching archives, I found what are the next steps and I am waiting NVC to create case and send me info. In the mean time, I am preparing on to see what documents to get it ready from my Mom's side:

1. When do we take the police clearance certificate? What is the process of it? Any format? [This might take a while so I wanted to get it going]

2. Can my Mom select me as her Agent? If so, can I go inside the consulate at the time of her interview for CP? She can't speak english? do the provide some translator in Telugu?

3. Any other documents I need to have from her? I already have her original Non-availability birth certificate, SSLC mark sheet, and affidavit of birth date from her elder sister and brother-in-law?

I really appreciate any feedback on this. Just wanted to get ready with all these to minimize the delay from my side in the processing.

Thanks a lot.

I am assuming that the interview will be at Chennai consulate.

1. Police Clearance Certificate, typically, is valid for one year. You will have to submit PCC to VFS 10-15 days prior to interview. Check Chennai consulate website. The passport office and local police station usually have their own formats. Many people request that for visa and other purposes.

2. Yes, for receiving mail from NVC, she can select you as her agent. I was my parents' agent. As a US citizen, you can go inside the consulate. I am not sure whether you can be present at the interview. Check with the consulate. I believe you can request interview in Telugu.

3. You will receive list of required docs for each step from NVC/consulate. You can check consulate website. In general PCC, birth documents (which you already have) are required of the applicant. Medical exam to be completed once you receive interview letter/instructions. People have advised parents to take sponsoring child's birth certificate to the interview. Also other things such as letters, photos etc. to prove family ties. Please refer to threads in Consular Forum for additional info.

Thanks a lot Visaapplicant

Hi visaapplicant,

Thanks a lot and I appreciate you taking time and answering all my questions.

Yes, she will be going to Chennai consulate.

I will start the process to get PCC as you mentioned that it will be one year valid.
Now that 1-130 is approved, I guess her interview definitely be within one year I guess.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Dear Friends,

Last April, it was taking NVC about 6 weeks to start issuing paperwork after receive of the I-130 approval. The approximate steps are:

1. Sponsor receives I-864 fee bill
1a. Immigrant receives nomination of agent form.
2. Agent receives I-864 instructions (to download and fill the form)
3. Agent receives DS-230 fee bill
4. Agent receives DS-230 instructions (to download and fill the form)
5. Immigrant receives paperwork package for medical, interview etc.
6. Interview at local consulate
7. DS-230 is issued
8. Immigrant arrives in the US
9. GC arrives by mail in around 2-3 months.

My mom applied for hers right around the time we were filling out the DS-230. The immigrant takes them to the interview at the consulate.

Yes, anyone can be nominated as the agent, just bear in mind some things are more easily accomplished if the agent is based in the US and can obtain cashiers checks in USD.

Not sure if the agent can accompany the immigrant to interview. My mom went on her own, but then again she speaks English as a first language.

Thanks a lot.

Primarily you need to submit *your* birth certificate (during I-130) showing your parents full names, and also a copy of your Natz Cert or US Passport. These documents establishes the applicant's legal claim to "immediate relative" category.