Hypocritical Senators

shamshon

Registered Users (C)
I find it ironic that the Republican-controlled Senate went out of its way today, and passed an immediate legislation to save the life of one person (Schiavo) who has been in a vegetative state since 1990. As much as I applaud this decision and support it, I am repulsed by these Senators who scrambled to enact it. They would never rally to reunite 150,000 green card holders with their spouses and they would never enact a legislation that would remove the asylum cap. They would never care to save the lives of 30 million starving children here in America and they would never prevent our fascist commander in chief from cutting 150 programs that serve the poor. These are heartless bastards who only care about their re-election by the religious yahoos who now control this country. I am really sick and tired of this hypocrisy. I also anticipate the republicans in this forum to attack me blindly, but then again I understand that they are too delusional they believe that they were born in this country.

Shamson..I agree with you..even though sometimes i tend to disagree with you. For one person, they are trying to change 200-300 years of american constitution..by overruling the courts. Its a shame. Well thats why the religious fanatics elected Bush..just because of this reason..The right to LIVE..I am sure there are millions if cases out there with similar situations...Are they gonna pass law for each of them?..its a shame that they are breaking their easter holiday to pass a bill tonight..I mean these freaking senators never work when they dont have to..its sad..

And to contradict what I said. The women is not really in Vegatitive State. She smiles...blinks her eyes..and responds to things. I dont see that as vegetative..Just because her husband doesnt want to take care of her..doesnt mean he has the right to kill her...

But i dont think congress should intervene....

Last edited by a moderator:
Shamson:
I totally agree with you. this news really makes me sick. The senators would be willing to sacrifice their Sunday and react in unbelievable speed to save a dead lady but do nothing during the past 10 years to remove the asylum cap to save the miserable lives of 186,000 asylees! I really felt disgusting....Wish they could do something in our favorable direction after this crap...

The house is no better too...

Hope they could be as effient as this time when they are considering remove the 10,000 asylee cap. (well, it's most likely just my dream, sigh...)
Second thoughts: it seems that Ms Schiavo's parents must have done an excellent PR(public Relation) to get the congress's attention. Should we consult them how to let the congress pay some attention to our poor asyless?
-----------------------------
House passes Schiavo bill
Measure to move woman's case to federal court goes to Bush
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- After an unusual and emotional Sunday night debate, the House passed legislation early Monday morning aimed at prolonging the life of Terri Schiavo, whose feeding tube was removed Friday under court order.

The Senate unanimously passed its version of the legislation earlier Sunday.

Immediately after the House vote, Schiavo's sister, Suzanne Vitadamo, said: "We are very hopeful that the federal courts will follow the will of Congress and save my sister's life."
---------------------------------

porkman said:
Shamson:
I totally agree with you. this news really makes me sick. The senators would be willing to sacrifice their Sunday and react in unbelievable speed to save a dead lady but do nothing during the past 10 years to remove the asylum cap to save the miserable lives of 186,000 asylees! I really felt disgusting....Wish they could do something in our favorable direction after this crap...
The parents did nothing; they happened to live in a red state dominated by religious yahoos who interpret the Bible the way they wish. They never interpret it the right way when it comes to helping the poor for example.

Also what Senators interest would have been should this lady be Black. Just think.

In this country news about "white" people quickly become front page stories (scott peterson , Jessica Lynch etc etc) but news stories of minorities rarely become cover stories. (Do you know how many black people are awaiting murder trials.. so why scott peterson??)

Well all this means that suppose you have a will or power of attorney saying that if something happens to me..let me die...CONGRESS can intervene and say no way...So it means all the wills should go to trash...

And another thing one of my friends mentioned was and I quote her on it:

"If Terri was Gay, her parents wanted to stop the feeding tube, and her gay partner wanted the tube to remain......

Now would the Republican Right to Meddlers jump in and rush back to DC for her gay partner???"

I agree!

It's the same senate which passed the new bankruptcy law in favor of banks and credit card companies. It's the same senate that approved $80 billion for the war in Iraq, but refused to do anything about Medicare. Man I can’t wait until I become a US citizen, then perhaps I will run myself for congress, I am counting on your votes guys :D

wantmygcnow said:
Well all this means that suppose you have a will or power of attorney saying that if something happens to me..let me die...CONGRESS can intervene and say no way...So it means all the wills should go to trash...

And another thing one of my friends mentioned was and I quote her on it:

"If Terri was Gay, her parents wanted to stop the feeding tube, and her gay partner wanted the tube to remain......

Now would the Republican Right to Meddlers jump in and rush back to DC for her gay partner???"
Excellent question! The answer to this lies in the word HYPOCRISY, and boy do we have a lot of hypocrites in this country!

Last edited by a moderator:
Washingtonpost did a story today which said that the BILL could've been flown to Bush's Ranch..since helloo he is the president but he came just to sign this bill...for political reasons. To show the people who elected republicans that yah he will protect the "right to live" people....

Also Bill Frist who introduced the law has aspirations to be the next president as he has visited new hampshire(the place of the next republican primaries) often.....

And the ABC/Washingtonpost poll show that 80 percent of population don't agree with what the congress did....The poll was nationwide...!

The republicans just made the law on their own...Its a shame

Bush the hypcocrite

When he was a governer of Texas, Bush signed a law that allowed hospitals to remove the life support of terminally-ill patients even when their parents/guardians did not want that. Of course, lhe did not care about life then. Rather, he wanted to make sure that money could be saved!! God i am sick and tired of this bastard: Here is the link for those who do not believe me.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto..._krwashbureau/_bc_braindamagedwoman_bush_wa_1

Lazerthegreat said:
oh boy! you really keep track of bush.. don't you.. ;)
And I also keep track of the religious yahoos in this country (bored again Christians). They support cutting benefits for the poor leaving no option for poor women other than undergoing abortion (which I do not like, but I think it is a choice) They decry abortion and at the same time support the death penalty. They support a murderous man like Bush, who killed 100,000 Iraqis and 1500 Americans and never spoke out against his racist war. They wanted to save the life of a brain dead woman, and care less about cuts in Medicare and Medicaid that will leave many poor old people hungry and sick. They like these policies because they want to keep their power and they look down at those who differ from them. This reminds me with what the Muslim majority in my country did to me. They think they are God-chosen-people and those who differ from them are deemed inhuman. The problem with religions is that they dehumanize the other and look down at him/her. I am glad that these wackos are a minority in this country; otherwise this country becomes the same like the one I left behind, but their prostitutes in Congress are giving them so much clout. These are simple minded breed who can not use their brains to see their contradictions and hypocrisy

Shamson, Dude calm down. YOu need to know that Religion in America is used for politics while Religion in from where you came from or I came from is used to RULE...Thats a huge difference.

To all of you folks!

Folks -
After reading message on this thread - I agree with many of the points expressed by shamson, lazer "thegreat", wantmygcnow, and others....

I wanted to say that you guys are intelligent and are very aware of the quirks in our society and American politics. Even more so than many of the Americans I have met (whether they are educated or not).

It shows that you guys care... Sometimes I wonder, just by this qualification alone - all of you should be given American citizenship unconditionally!!! :)

gracias,
lee_haircut5

wantmygcnow said:
Shamson, Dude calm down. YOu need to know that Religion in America is used for politics while Religion in from where you came from or I came from is used to RULE...Thats a huge difference.

Yes, about 15 years.

shamshon said:
And I also keep track of the religious yahoos in this country (bored again Christians). They support cutting benefits for the poor leaving no option for poor women other than undergoing abortion (which I do not like, but I think it is a choice) They decry abortion and at the same time support the death penalty. They support a murderous man like Bush, who killed 100,000 Iraqis and 1500 Americans and never spoke out against his racist war. They wanted to save the life of a brain dead woman, and care less about cuts in Medicare and Medicaid that will leave many poor old people hungry and sick. They like these policies because they want to keep their power and they look down at those who differ from them. This reminds me with what the Muslim majority in my country did to me. They think they are God-chosen-people and those who differ from them are deemed inhuman. The problem with religions is that they dehumanize the other and look down at him/her. I am glad that these wackos are a minority in this country; otherwise this country becomes the same like the one I left behind, but their prostitutes in Congress are giving them so much clout. These are simple minded breed who can not use their brains to see their contradictions and hypocrisy

That's the way it is nowadays Shamshom. Is pretty sad to see a world so divided now but is reality. I believe now, that the whole world is divided in Christians in one side and the rest in the other.
Regarding the war comment that u made, I disagree. I believe war is needed sometimes in the world to create order. That's what is been going on years by years in history and always the good wins over the evil. Otherwise this world will be full of Hitler's, Saddams, etc... We only have to pray and thank God that we are in the wining team so we don't have to pass through all that.

lee_haircut5 said:
Folks -
After reading message on this thread - I agree with many of the points expressed by shamson, lazer "thegreat", wantmygcnow, and others....

I wanted to say that you guys are intelligent and are very aware of the quirks in our society and American politics. Even more so than many of the Americans I have met (whether they are educated or not).

It shows that you guys care... Sometimes I wonder, just by this qualification alone - all of you should be given American citizenship unconditionally!!! :)

gracias,
lee_haircut5
Thanks Lee, you are very kind.