How to prove relationship

sabspin

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I received my IA and have claimed 5 points in my application since my uncle lives in canada, they have asked me for a copy of my Mom's and uncle's birth certificate to prove their relation, the tough part is that my Mom does not have hers and there is very less probability of getting one reissued.
Is there any other way I can prove the relationship?

Thanks

hi
What is the worst case scenario? if you can't prove it they will remove those 5 points. Are still above score of 67? if yes then I don't think it will make a difference.
If those points will make your score less than 67 then you will have to find a way. I am no expert but what if she is able to make an affidavit saying that your uncle and she are brother sisters and 2 relatives can witness that. I read something like this on I-485 forum. If you don't have your birth certificate your parents make an affidavite in India. In your case if grandparents are there then they can make one stating the names and birthdates of their offsprings.
Pls search more on this as this is just my opinion

dhm2002

sabspin said:
Hey guys,

I received my IA and have claimed 5 points in my application since my uncle lives in canada, they have asked me for a copy of my Mom's and uncle's birth certificate to prove their relation, the tough part is that my Mom does not have hers and there is very less probability of getting one reissued.

Thanks

sabspin said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

You can use your mother's passport. If she does not have it, getting one should not be as big a problem as her birth certificate.

This is what you need to do. This is relevant for India but will probably work for most other countries too.

1) Get your uncle to file an affidavit with a public notary in Canada confirming that your mother is his sister.

OR

2) Get an affidavit from someone in India older than both your mom and your uncle confirming that they were present on both births and that your mom and brother are sisters.

In India this affidavit is very common and is used 90% of ppl who come to US on F4 (Family category) visa.

HEllo Sabspin
Iam in the same situation as you i have an aunt in canada and i wud like to claim the 5 points too.Please let me how did u resolve the issue it will be very useful for people like me.