How to obtain a 3-month stay on a tourist visa?

Crazy57

Registered Users (C)
The person I intend to marry will come to US next week on a tourist visa and I will start the I-129F application for her K-1 visa right away. She will wait here in US until her application is approved and sent to the American Consulate in her country and then fly back to have the interview for her K-1 visa, do medical exam, etc. We expect she could wait here in US for 3-5 months and the question is how to improve her chances to be granted such a long stay when she gets at the port of entry.

She visited me last spring also on her tourist visa, but she only stayed 2 weeks. She will be asked why she wants to stay much longer this time. Should I give her a letter explaining our plans for the I-129F / K-1 visa and since this is a long process we do what we can to spend more time together before that, which may also allow us to see how we get along in the long run?

I’m 57 and she’s close and I hope it makes more sense for us to be in a hurry to get together instead of waiting apart for 5-7 more months.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
Crazy57

The person I intend to marry will come to US next week on a tourist visa and I will start the I-129F application for her K-1 visa right away. She will wait here in US until her application is approved and sent to the American Consulate in her country and then fly back to have the interview for her K-1 visa, do medical exam, etc. We expect she could wait here in US for 3-5 months and the question is how to improve her chances to be granted such a long stay when she gets at the port of entry.

She visited me last spring also on her tourist visa, but she only stayed 2 weeks. She will be asked why she wants to stay much longer this time. Should I give her a letter explaining our plans for the I-129F / K-1 visa and since this is a long process we do what we can to spend more time together before that, which may also allow us to see how we get along in the long run?

I’m 57 and she’s close and I hope it makes more sense for us to be in a hurry to get together instead of waiting apart for 5-7 more months.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
Crazy57

As she frequently visits US it is better to have visitor visa!!