How to get Spouse of new Green Card Holder to US?

RaviKG

Hello All,
I have been told by my friends that there is some kind of new law
which would allow the spouse of the new Green Card (approved after Jan-2001) to enter US on some kind of new visa.
Marriage occured after the Green Card approval.

I found some documentation on V-Visa but I think it has some limitations.

Can you please let me know if there is any kind of new Visa/Law which
would help in this situation.

Thank you,
Ravi

No Title

Hi Ravi,
 My name is Veera. I came to USA during Dec-2000.
I am permanent Resident of USA.
I have planned to marry a girl from India.
Would you suggest me the easiest, shortest and best way of bringing her to USA.
Your question has posted on 8th April - 2001.
If you get any answers from anybody let me know.
Your response in this regards is highly appreciated.
My Email : veera_cynth@hotmail.com

Regards,
Veera

No Title

There is no way you can sponsor her non-immigrant VISA. She has to come here on her own merits.. F1 or H1. However, you can sponsor her for an immigrant VISA (greencard) but she will have to wait in India for 3 years before she can come here on a V VISA.

No Title

Dear Sir,
I am a permanent resident of the US. I have a wife and daughter in Bulgarian My daughter is sick . She has a Cystic Fibrosis and a Seliac desiase which in Bulgarian are not curable. I filled an application for Humanitarian Parole but it has been denied. What is the next step I should do to bring my wife and daughter in US.

No Title

Folks,
As far as i heard,
thereis new law coming, NJ senetor is working on it.
--By passing that law, Green card holder can bring their
spouces on Non Immigration Visa.
Update me when U gor anything
Abb421@yahoo.com

Thnaks

No Title

The present V regulations require that the PR spouse must file I-130 on or before 12/21/2000 in order for the alien spouse to qualify for the V visa.

H.R. 500

One more in progress. I am also in the same situation. Hoprfully something will come out soon....

If they pass there may not be 3-year wait for V visas.... they may get a temporary visa in-between ..That\'s great for spouses Green card Holders

www.house.gov/apps/list/p...ousal.html

and

thomas.loc.gov/
and search on H.R.500 ..bill

Check out some more posting on www.isn.org -> After green card section -> "GC & Marriage related question"

Timeline for new bills...

Hi,

I have seen some postings on your web site on this topic. I am little bit aware of v-visa and category 2A. There are some bills in the congress to relax the existing constraints on v-visa and also to introduce some additional laws. Are you aware of the timing when these bills will be discussed and decision will be made?

Some of the bills, which I think are related to this are::

H.R. 500
H.R. 817
H.R. 690

Apart from v-visa are there other options to get the spouse immediately without 3-year wait outside the US? Please let me know what are the other alternatives.

Thanks

New bills

I think it will take a lot of time before any of those bills is passed, if it is passed and like they are meant to be. I hope it happens soon enough and they don\'t change anything.

good luck

V visa

Hi L F,

My name is Michael. I talked to a immigration lawyer and she told me the people who qualify for V visa must file I-130 on or before year of 1997. Could you tell me where did you get the V visa date for 12/31/2000?

Thanks,

Michael

Marriage with only 2 months left on H1

Hi

I have a unique situation here. I am about to finish my 6 years on my H1. My GC is under processing and I have already files the I485, but have not done the finger printing. Now I wish to get married in a month, but dont know if my would be wife will be able to get H4, since there will only be 2 months left on my H1. Any suggestion???