How to covert J-1 to H1B?

sasha0819

how do I convert J1 to H1. Also, how can i know do i have two years outside us residency requirement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening,

I read your post and thought I maybe able to help.

I work with an organization called PlacementPartners, We provide visa consultation and job placement services. It sounds like the J1 visa would be suitable for you.

I'll be happy to discuss the J1 application process if you need help.

Sincerely, Ian Fraser
placementpartners.com

J1 Sponsor

Hello,

I work for CIEE - the largest J1 visa sponsor. Our representative in the UK is ISTPlus. Visit them here for more information.

istplus.com

They will help you to apply for a J1 inter visa.

Regards,

Phil

i am a Taiwanese and would like to ask about J1-visa. I just graduated from University of Birmingham in UK and I found a job in NYC. I am moving to NYC in end of Aug. My employer agrees to hire me and assists me with visa thing but i don know what visa i should apply because i will be already in US. And my employer wants me to work asap (now is only early Aug). So I guess H1B visa wont work. How do I apply J1 visa in US? and if so, how do I convert J1 to H1. Also, how can i know do i have two years outside us residency requirement?

J1 visa is for Professional Training. H1B is a Working Visa.

Please contact your employer and ask them. If they really want you to work ASAP, they should know what to do with your visa application.

conversion of J1 to H1B is NOT EASY.