How to check Receipt Number on back of cashed online cheque

happysoul

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

My N-400 application was received by VSC on 12/15/2006 and the cheque
has been cashed on 12/20/2006(I can see this through Bank of America
online). I am trying to find receipt number online on back of the Bank Of
America cheque, but could not find the receipt number.

I know that the length of the receipt number is 13 and starts with EAC since
it is vermont. Any information or experience to locate receipt number on back
of online cheque is appreciated. Otherwise, I need to wait until I receive
I-797 notice from vermont service center.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Your check will have an ESC and some numbers. For the complete receipt number, you will need to add * and 0's to make it 13 characters... For example: ESC*00 and the digits on the check.

Good Luck!!

I agree, relax. On the other hand even when I figured out the number (which was in the front of the check in my case) the case was not in the system until several days later. Even when it is the information is pretty meaningless. If they have cashed the check it means they have the application. Now you can kick back and relax ;)

My 2 cents.

The ESC number written on my cheque is ESC00176XXXX, which is 12 digits.

Can please you tell me, what is the correct number? I tried to find the case status with following

- ESC000176XXXX (13 digits)
- ESC*00176XXXX (13 digits)

at http://uscis.gov but no luck. probably, they have not entered the receipt
number into VSC system yet. Anyways, thanks for your responses.

how long to take for check to be cashed?

my N400 application was received by VSC on Dec 16(Confirmed delivery from USPS), but so far, check still not cashed , should I worry ? how long usually takes to get receipt notice? thanks .

Receipt notice not yet received

Sent my N400 on December 6, 2006 and it was received at VSC on December 11, 2006 and bankers check was cashed on December 13, 2006, but still have not received the receipt notice in the mail (12/21). I am a bit concerned.

I sent my application on 13th Dec 2006 by Certified USPS with delivery confirmation option and received by VSC on 15th Dec 2006. The cheque was encashed on 20th Dec 2006. I am still waiting for the Receipt Notice(I-797). I will post information, when I receive my Receipt Notification.

California service center cases start with WSC* (at least mine did). Please be patient, from the time they write the case number on the check, until you can see it online can be a week and a half or two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer now with the Christmas holidays. Nothing is going to happen to your case until next year, so breath easy and enjoy the holidays.

My 2 cents.

Relax, just think in months, not days. The important thing is knowing that the process has started. There is nothing you can do to accelerate it now. Just sit back and hit the egg nog.

still not received receipt notice, nor FP notice

I still have not received receipt notice nor FP notice from VSC, my check was cashed on Dec 19, I used the receipt number which VSC wrote on the front of cashed check and was able to find my case on www.cis.gov website, it says a notice has been sent.

now i start really worrying, is my mail lost ? because apparently VSC got my app and created the record in their system , I am afraid I might miss the FP date if I never receives any notice.

Any one is in similar situation? please share, thanks very much and good luck in new year

getUSC,

I think you should just wait for couple of days more. I just received my FP
notice yesterday. My application was received on Dec 15th and cheque
was cashed on Dec 19th. Wish you good luck..

happysoul said:
getUSC,

I think you should just wait for couple of days more. I just received my FP
notice yesterday. My application was received on Dec 15th and cheque
was cashed on Dec 19th. Wish you good luck..

The FP notice should also have your case number.

By the way, I don't know about VSC, but for the Nebraska Service Center the LIN-number written on the back of my check was not the same as the case number eventually assigned to my application. So the number from the check was useless for checking the online case status anyway...

happysoul, thanks

Happysoul,

Thanks very much, yes, I can only wait. now with New year and Ford's funeral on Jan 2, 3 , I guess I would have to wait more days to see if any news will come in mailbox

Wish you and all good luck too.

got both Receipt notice and Finger notice today

I received both Receipt and finger print notices in mail today, finger print is scheduled for Jan 4 , 2007 which is tomorrow in Newark, it's a near miss if I can't get it today. looks INS is issuing FP almost same time as Receipts.

Thanks for all the info.

Happysoul,

Have you done your online status check after you got you FP notice? Was this FP notice mentioned in the system?

Thanks in advance.