how to change status?

silvermoon

hello yall,

i wanted to know if anyone here could tell me how to change my status to get my greencard. I am from germany and married my husband on a tourist visa in june 2005, we are together now almost 5 years, married 1.5 :D well i went back to germany after the wedding, well all in all it needed a while till we filled all papers and everything goes thru, well in january 2006 i had my interview at the us consulate in germany, i think in february i got our passports back with the visa in there . Well in April 2006 me and the kids (out of my 1st marriage) arrived at the us. Now we live here since april, our kids go to school and everything is fine, shortly after i was here we got the news that a baby is on the way :) . Well now, all is fine and we are very happy but....how do i get a greencard now? Everything/Everyone wants a Social Security Number but i still dont have one..., they copy the visas but thats not enough for some reason, my husband cant even add me to his bank account, they have no options for germans without SSN... :confused: . I know we have to fill out another form and pay a fee again..but which?? My visa says am fine till 2008...if i dont change status, do i have to go back then?? :eek: , it would be really nice if someone here knows what we have to do now and could tell me which step comes now after K3 and arrived in the us and been here almost 6 month now...thanks for your time