How to change address after sending out PR card application?

mgyuan

Registered Users (C)
I sent my PR card application in March 2003 but have not received the approval yet. Since I used my friend's address in Ottawa and now my friend will move to Toronto soon, I am thinking to change my address from Ottawa to Toronto so that I can pick up the card at the office in Toronto. Does any of you know how to change the address? Is there any form to download from internet? Thanks!

The best option will be call the PR card 1-800 # with your complete address (as on Application) your full name, DOB, landing paper # and your Landing date and where you completed landing formalities. You can not the get the 1-800 # of PR card processing unit in nova Scotia from out of Canada, some one has to call up from Canada and he should act as YOU, then provide the new address of Toronto, they have some fax # the info can be sent by fax. I don’t know how they will respond, many have missed the PR card pick up date they also don’t know what to do, as CIC site says PR card will be processed in 4-6 weeks but it is taking 12-14 weeks who apply for the PR card( those who landed before June28, 2002. It is all mess)

Thank you for the response. I landed in October 1996 and my application is supposed to be processed in May 2003. Probably I have to wait for 3 months?