How to cancel already filed G-28 form?

Gegemon

Registered Users (C)
I would like to withdraw my un-cooperative attorney of record from my pending I485 petition. I did file form G-28 "Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney" for him during submission of paperwork. Now I want to revoke that notice and I do not have a substitution lawyer for him - I want to represent myself, how can I do that?

Also would USCIS inform him that he has been removed from my file?

Thank you.

I140 EB1-OR/I485
ND: 03-26-2003
I140 AD: 12-15-2004
I485: pending security checks

emailraja said:
someone, please respond. I've been asking this too. No one seems to know.

All you can do send a letter revoking the G-28. No one answering is because it may not reach your file some time. Similar things happens with address change also. So until you get response from the USCIS they have removed the attorney from your file you need to send the letter.

There might be other complications like attorney might have put his own address for correspondence. You may need to change that also.

There might be other complications like attorney might have put his own address for correspondence.

Yes, my company attorney did that. I didn't even know until I went for fingerprinting and they questioned me how I could live so far away from work. The discrepancy showed up and I recognized the attorney address.

Thanks for the tip, tammy.