amar_md

Registered Users (C)
I 130 approved based on marriage to a USC
I 485 & I 760 filed 6-5-07
Biometrics done 7-5-07
RFE for I 864 affidavit of support 7-7-07
LUD 7-18-07
RFE reply received by USCIS 7-19-07
How much will this delay my application ?
I need the EAD to start my new job on 9-1-07!
Thanks

Here's my timeline.

04/23/07 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent
04/24/07 I-130, I-485, I-765 Received Date
04/30/07 I-130, I-485, I-765 Notice Date
05/04/07 ASC Appointment Notice
05/18/07 Biometrics taken
05/22/07 Request of Evidence Notice for I-485 (taxes)
05/27/07 Mailed out documents (evidence) requested by INS
05/30/07 "Requested evidence received and case resumed" (uscis.gov)
07/18/27 Employment Card ordered

I don't know when am I going to receive my card.

DO = District Office that has jurisdiction over your case. Where you will go for your interview.

If you still have no idea, tell us what city/state you live in?

Biometrics done 7-5-07
LUD 7-18-07
Thanks

EAD is not affected by RFE on 864. so you should get it on day 72 as I predicted in another thread. Expect approval around 8/16/2007 :p

I had an RFE that got returned by the post office, went to my congressman and they asked USCIS to fax them a copy of the RFE.
got the case proceed email 4 days later, and another email
Here is what it said

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

i was so sad

The following day I got another email that said "card is in production"
Received the card in the mail 6 days later and my AOS interview letter
for Aug 28

Hope this gave you some hope

My RFE is for I 485 but says I cannot get interim EAD until 90 days

HERE IS SOME DEFINITIVE INFO

Eligibility for an Interim EAD if an RFE Has Been Issued on the Pending Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

The impact of a Request for Evidence (RFE) on an applicant's eligibility for an interim EAD depends on the type of evidence that the RFE requests. If USCIS issues an RFE for initial evidence – that is, evidence required by the federal regulations governing EAD applications or by the application instructions themselves – USCIS will re-set the 90 day adjudication clock. The 90 day clock will start all over again upon USCIS’ receipt of the applicant’s response to the RFE. However, if the RFE seeks additional evidence not otherwise required by the regulations or the application itself, USCIS will toll the 90 day period until receipt of the response to the RFE, at which time 90 day window will resume from the point of interruption.

So, a RFE for initial evidence means that USCIS will start the 90-day adjudication cycle all over again from the time USCIS receives the evidence requested by the RFE. A RFE for additional evidence means the clock is suspended but continues from the point at which the clock was suspended when the RFE was issued.

Eligibility for an Interim EAD if an RFE Has Been Issued on the Pending Underlying Application?

Current regulations indicate that only an RFE for initial evidence on the pending underlying application will suspend the applicant's interim benefits, including interim employment authorization. The suspension will remain in effect until USCIS receives the applicant's response to the RFE.

i. The authority on the issuance of interim employment authorization documents may be found at 8 CFR §274a.13 (d).
ii. The regulation can be found at 8 CFR §103.2(b) (10) (ii).

That information might be outdated, given that they no longer issue interim EADs, but I stand to be corrected.

HERE IS SOME DEFINITIVE INFO

Eligibility for an Interim EAD if an RFE Has Been Issued on the Pending Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

The impact of a Request for Evidence (RFE) on an applicant's eligibility for an interim EAD depends on the type of evidence that the RFE requests. If USCIS issues an RFE for initial evidence – that is, evidence required by the federal regulations governing EAD applications or by the application instructions themselves – USCIS will re-set the 90 day adjudication clock. The 90 day clock will start all over again upon USCIS’ receipt of the applicant’s response to the RFE. However, if the RFE seeks additional evidence not otherwise required by the regulations or the application itself, USCIS will toll the 90 day period until receipt of the response to the RFE, at which time 90 day window will resume from the point of interruption.

So, a RFE for initial evidence means that USCIS will start the 90-day adjudication cycle all over again from the time USCIS receives the evidence requested by the RFE. A RFE for additional evidence means the clock is suspended but continues from the point at which the clock was suspended when the RFE was issued.

Eligibility for an Interim EAD if an RFE Has Been Issued on the Pending Underlying Application?

Current regulations indicate that only an RFE for initial evidence on the pending underlying application will suspend the applicant's interim benefits, including interim employment authorization. The suspension will remain in effect until USCIS receives the applicant's response to the RFE.

i. The authority on the issuance of interim employment authorization documents may be found at 8 CFR §274a.13 (d).
ii. The regulation can be found at 8 CFR §103.2(b) (10) (ii).

Hoping for the best

My RFE (7-7-07)is for I 485, but it mentions that I am not eligible for interim EAD until 90 days of them receiving my reply. I did not attach the affidavit of support with my I 485.

My understanding is that the 90 day period starts from the date they receive your reply.

http://www.dinslaw.com/pubs/legal_alert.asp?ID=1782

I don`t know if this delays my EAD. I HOPE IT DOESN`T

That did not apply in my case. the day i received my EAD in the mail is the day they received my RFE response

for redskins

This question is for my redskins. I was reading what that guy sai about there being two types of RFE. One is RFE for " Initial Evidence" and the other is RFE for "Additional Evidence". The truth is that the info kinda make sense to me though I am not sure if it is absolutely correct.

My question to you is what type of RFE did you receive cause I got a RFE for Initial Evidence which may be why m EAD is taking so long.

Good Luck in your interview tmrw.

It is: RFI (Request for Initial Evidence). Sent if you forgot one of the initial requirements such as: birth certificate, passport, etc.

and: RFE (Request for Evidence [additional]). Sent if they are unsatisfied with the evidence you provided, ask for a new copy of something or additional financial documents, etc.

This question is for my redskins. I was reading what that guy sai about there being two types of RFE. One is RFE for " Initial Evidence" and the other is RFE for "Additional Evidence". The truth is that the info kinda make sense to me though I am not sure if it is absolutely correct.

My question to you is what type of RFE did you receive cause I got a RFE for Initial Evidence which may be why m EAD is taking so long.

Good Luck in your interview tmrw.

I recieved a request for Initial Evidence (I-864, I-693). But I hadn't applied for an EAD at the time, so my EAD was not affected.

It sorts of makes sense that if you did not submit one of the initial things required before your application is considered complete, they withhold the issuance of an EAD because, people could fake it. For example, say I wasn't married I could still apply for AOS hoping to get an EAD, without submitting required initial evidence (in this case a marriage certificate). So forcing people to submit all that is required, sort of minimizes fraudulent applications.

Hey "myredskins". Thanks for your imput. This is actually day "78" for my EAD, but I still have faith.

Hopefully within the next 12 days I should be hearing fom them.

Did you get any update for your file? I got too a RFE for I-864 (no idea why... they probably lost our first I-864). My RFE reply was received by USCIS the 07/19/07 (USPS confirmation receipt) and since then... no news!!! No "case resumed" :(( I start to be worried about it!!

Biometrics done 7-5-07
LUD 7-18-07
Thanks