How much longer? Visa# current, FP done today

Appointment with Officer

I finally got tired of waiting for the case inquiry result, which I filed a month ago and I finally made an appointment to see an Immigration officer. I got there one hour early and was told to wait as everyone was on a lunch break. I went down and had my lunch as well. Then I went up to window and explained my situation to the initial person and was given a ticket to speak to officer on the same floor. Within couple of minutes my # was called and I approached the officer window. She took my passport, saw the stamp placed after my interview and punched in my info in her PC. Once again I explained my situation to her. She made some notes on a piece of paper and told me to go upstairs where they took my interview. I noticed she has written down that my finger print had expired and name check cleared in 2003. I went up and waited for 45 minutes. Then finally the guy who took my interview came to the window and handed me a printout with my finger print appointment made already 3 weeks down the road. He said that my finger printing had expired and once that clears he will approve my case.

I explained to him that I went for my fingerprinting back in October last year. He explained that was for EAD and they take only index fingerprint which goes on my EAD card. 485 fingerprints are only good for 15 or 18 months. Now they must retake all my ten finger prints again and get it cleared with FBI before they can approve any cases. I was like WTF. Why can’t they just run the fingerprints they have on file? If my index finger is the same print, why would I burn or change my other finger prints? Talk about stupidity! Such a BS process and waste of time. I asked him why can’t I go now and get this over with. The office for finger printing is just 10 minutes away. He told me that was the earliest time available. I was pissed as hell but kept my mouth shut. I didn’t want to argue with the person who would be stamping my file.

So apparently I had to go to office to get my file moving. Now I have to wait 3 weeks to get this done and wait for another F@#king month to see if the fingerprint passes FBI and then hopefully if I have satisfied all there F@#king requirement I might get my GC by End of April or May this year. 2 years after my interview and 4 months after my date became current.

Correct me if I am wrong but is it not there job to notify me that my finger print has expired and shouldn’t they be sending out fingerprint notice once my priority date becomes current? Notice to all the people with cases still pending. Please go and take appointment and find out what is going on because what we got here are bunch of lazy SOBs sitting on there fat a$$es, who doesn’t give a rats a$$ to your file. I am just disappointed I didn’t make my appointment the first day my priority date became current.

Little Devil,
YOu are still Lucky that he told you that they will approve your case as soon as they receive the Fp results.
I have also been waiting over 2 years after my interview.
My Pd has been current for over 7 months now.
Just done 3rd FPS in December .nothing after that ........just a mute silence......Infact got a letter saying security checks are still pending.
So why did you ask for my FP ( Code 1 )again.......Maybe for EAD they need code 1 Fp too. I dont know

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will consider myself lucky when I see the card in my hands. Knowing these F@#kers you never know. He might have just said it to get rid of me. When the finger prints are done he might come back and ask for more paperwork or my finger printing check can get stuck in the back hole like others here and I can end up in the same boat as you.

Update from my end

The RFE notice turned out to be FP notice(3rd) but only the primary has got it.

They sent it to the old address inspite of the fact that we updated the address a zillion times!

Card Received!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I received my card today!!!
This is a wonderful Valantine's Day gift.
Thank you for all help & advice I was able to received from you guys.
This is a wonderful Website.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
I was waiting 10 looooooooooong years.
Thanks GOD in over.

Sincerely,
Alicja :)

ali

did you get online update ,or just got the card in the mail?by the way congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Hi Pann 46,

Thanks, I received two Welcome Letters from Vermont Center informing me that they are working on my case & if aproved my card will be mail directly to me. Two days later a got a e-mail that case was approved.
After this they didn't update anything for example: We ordered you a new card or we mailed you a new card. They just mailed it.

Good luck to you.
Sincerely,
Alicja :)

Talk about delay tactics.

Just a little update.

Talk about delay tactics.

Apparently copy of my birth certificate and Indian passport is not enough to prove my date and place of birth. So I get a letter asking me to send ‘Two Notarized Affidavit to attest date and place of birth’

I was like ‘WTF’. After having my interview done and waiting year and a half for my priority date to become current, now I have to deal with this crap from SOBs.

I went to my local bank and they said they do not ‘Notarized affidavit to attest date and place of birth’. Even Indian Consulate wasn’t sure what these guys are talking about since it is written on my birth certificate and my passport where and when I was born. So then Indian Consulate said they can only give a copy of birth certificate. I was fine give me that.

I contacted my lawyer and he said that I need to get a notarized copy from the hospital in India where I was born and some relatives who were present at the time of my birth saying when and where I was born. Talk about bulls@#$. I am so pissed off right now. I couldn’t believe the letter at first specially, since the officer told me on my face at the appointment that all I needed to do was get my fingerprints cleared and he would approve the case. I mean what the f@#$ have you been doing for past two years and why do you have to pull this s*&% when my priority date becomes current. I feel like telling the US government to shove this green card up there a$$ and go back to India especially since there are so many more opportunities there now.

My fingerprint result must have cleared without even a traffic ticket so they had to find some excuse to delay my file. Now it looks very apparent that they are looking for any excuse to delay files. Maybe they are hoping the dates for visa will retrogress again and they will not have to do any work until next year. I have 90 days to reply back else my file will be closed and my case rejected. I must also wait 60 days after a reply before I can make an inquiry. Talk about misery. Land of opportunity my A$$. Land of BS is more like it. :mad:

Guys any suggestion on my case.

I completed my I-485 interview in September 2006 at Fairfax, VA office and my PD is current now since Jan 1, 2007. Still I haven't received approval notice. How long more is going to take on my case?

Alicja -
When you received the card you became permanent resident since I-485 approval or from the date the card printed?

EB3 India
PD: April 27, 2001
Interview Date: Sep 2006

Gls

Congrats on finishing the interview. Did the officer stamp your passport with anything or no?

I had my interview back in Aug 05 and I still do not have my card. My passport was stamped ‘pending 485’. My priority date become current on Jan 07, so I inquired about my case to see what is going on. They told me that my finger print expired and sent me to get my finger prints taken again. I also received a letter asking for additional documents. They require notarized affidavit from two different sources attesting when and where I was born. I will send the reply this week and wait to see what happens.

So just because you had your interview doesn’t mean your done. Just hope and pray to god that your file gets stamped else there is nothing you can do about it.

My PD: April 30 2001
Interview: Aug 2005
Interview, finger print done
GC: Who knows????? :confused:

little_devil

The officer did not stamp anything on our passports not even 'pending 485' instead he printed a paper that contained a list of reasons why he couldn't stamp our passports (me and my wife). In that paper one of the reasons checked (Visa Number NOT available).

Even I had the same issue like yours during the interview with my birth certificate with the officer. I just had a birth certificate from a Municipality with the father name on but not mother name. If the mother name is not on the birth certificate then he said he need two documents that are notarized affidavits from two different sources (then I thought I got screwed up again after waiting almost 6 years on GC period) for the replacement of my birth certificate. I told the officer my mother is waiting outside the INS building if you want I can bring her inside (during my I-485 interview my parents are with me waiting outside the building). Then the officer left the interview room saying that he wants to verify with his supervisor regarding my birth certificate. The officer came back after 10 or 15 minutes asking me if my mother name is included in my passport. I told him ofcourse my mother name is included in my passport. Then he asked me where that passport was issued (that is my second passport which was issued at Washington, DC). Then he said that it would work for him. My guess is since my second passport was issued at Washington, DC with my mother name on the officer was ok. I was very relaxed that time. I thought I was very lucky.

Hopefully we get our approval notices very soon without further additional evidences from USCIS on our cases.

Alicja -
Thanks for letting me know.

EB3 India
PD: April 27, 2001
FP2: Aug 2006
Interview Date: Sep 2006
Awaiting GC Approval

What was discussed during the interview?

Little Devil, GLS, Harakard,

Could you guys please let us know what was the interview about and the questions asked, it wold help a lot of folks here who are waiting for their turn to get the GC approved.

My Interview

Interview was simple.

First he asked me where my attorney is. I said to him, "I didn’t need attorney since I speak English well and I have nothing to hide." I am not sure if he was impressed with my response but I didn’t care. I went in with confidence as I had nothing to fear from him. I followed him to his work desk where I took oath to tell the truth blah blah… Besides, my attorney was going to charge me $500 to accompany me to the interview. I was not going to pay him to sit on his a$$ while the officer asked me questions which I will have to answer. I also have read in one of the forum that the officer might get annoyed if you bring your attorney so I opted out.

He asked where I lived, where I went to college/school, where I worked and what I did in the company and some other easy questions which anyone can answer as long as there paper work is straight. When did I start working in the company? What was my salary? Where I worked before that? He asked to see the passport. Then he asked if I had anything for him. I gave him my tax return and last three months of paycheck and my I-94 card. I was missing my employment letter so he asked me to mail that in. He printed a letter for me to send it with employment letter. He told me that visa # was not available and I will have to wait. Stamped my passport with ‘pending 485’ stamp and took my finger prints on a card. Then he kicked my a$$ and showed me the way out. :D And that was it.

Visa Bulletin For April 2007

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3169.html

So looks like more bad news for people in EB3 and other workers category. Unless I am reading this wrong, this bulletin says that dates for the visa #s for EB3 and other worker category have not changed, but they are predicting that Visa # for EB3 and other worker category will become unavailable starting in May or June. So if I do not get my Visa # by May or June then I will have to wait until next year. Not only that, they are also going to reduce the # of visa available for EB3 and other worker category from 10,000 to 5,000 for the entire year.

If I am wrong then someone please explain what the following means:

Employment Third Preference Other Workers Category: Section 203(e) of the NACARA, as amended by Section 1(e) of Pub. L. 105 - 139, provides that once the Employment Third Preference Other Worker (EW) cut-off date has reached the priority date of the latest EW petition approved prior to November 19, 1997, the 10,000 EW numbers available for a fiscal year are to be reduced by up to 5,000 annually beginning in the following fiscal year. This reduction is to be made for as long as necessary to offset adjustments under the NACARA program. Since the EW cut-off date reached November 19, 1997 during Fiscal Year 2001, the reduction in the EW annual limit to 5,000 began in Fiscal Year 2002.

E. VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS
Family-sponsored: It is likely that the Mexico Family First preference cut-off date will retrogress for the month of May.

Employment-based: It is likely that the Employment Third Preference “Other Worker” (EW) category will become unavailable beginning in May.

Both of these issues are the direct result of low annual limits and very heavy demand for numbers, primarily for adjustment of status cases at Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices.

My life just gets better day after day. I guess I will need to buy more bottles of Absolut Vodka to keep me going :D

The big problem is that USCIS/FBI can`t handle the cases backlogs. If they can`t do their jobs (approve docs), what`s the matter in passage of Bills this month or next year? The ilegal immigrant will be ilegal forever, with a pending case of legal status. The criminal terrorist will stay here for a long time untill the FBI touch his pending case. They gotta change the USCIS/FBI structure ASAP related to this matter.

No Passport Stamping

Our case is approved 11/28. Still no actual card yet.

Our case was in Atlanta.

Since Atlanta is more than 5 hours away. New Orleans is less than 3 hours.

We went to New Orleans today instead of Atlanta for stamping.

We took our "big interview folder" with us just in case.

We gave our
-Driving License
-infopass appt.
-Approval Letter
-Passport

My wife had her driving license with our old address in a different state. Since she is still a student in the old state, we did not change her license. They made a big fuss about it.

They did not accept advance parole paper with a photo ID with a new address.

They insisted to see a photo ID with a new address. They said a lease or mortgage paper is acceptable.

They said:

"We cannot stamp your passport, because, your approval is not showing in the system. We have your contact info. If there is change, we will contact you"

We reserved our plane tickets for early May.

Any advice?

update

hey ,update on my case..
after my 2nd int.on may 23.2007 ,still my case is pending . It was the same officer, he was doubting everything what i said ....now he wanna verify piece of paper from 15 years ago from my country ,b.........t.A lot of s.......t

Pann, THat the same probelm with me . The officer it seems wants to do a employment verification from over 13 yrs agao. Which is ok as long as they do it. It has been 3 years since they started on that.

ohhhh ,really!?!!!Did you do something ...infopass ,???man thats a lot of s....t.
i think they check nothing ,just make us all wait, collect our money ,ead,ap,....taxes,yeahhhhh i am sick of this waiting and the f.....g system!I wish i was more brave and just said it in the face of the IO "fuck you!" ,but i still have chance to do it!