How much longer? Visa# current, FP done today

alicja

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I had my interview in local office in Newark in June 06, everything went fine, but I had to wait for visa# & have my fingerprints done for a 2nd time.
Today I went for my fingerprints (great service, I was out in 15 minutes).
My visa # will be available in September.
Any idea how much longer this will take to get a Green Card?
My case is EB3 category & now os 10th year of waiting.
I would like to have this behind.
Please share your expierience.
Also do they still call people to stamp passport or just sending a card.

Thanks,
Alicja ;)

alicja said:
Hi,
I had my interview in local office in Newark in June 06, everything went fine, but I had to wait for visa# & have my fingerprints done for a 2nd time.
Today I went for my fingerprints (great service, I was out in 15 minutes).
My visa # will be available in September.
Any idea how much longer this will take to get a Green Card?
My case is EB3 category & now os 10th year of waiting.
I would like to have this behind.
Please share your expierience.
Also do they still call people to stamp passport or just sending a card.

Thanks,
Alicja ;)

My Visa # also becomes available in September. I know I should probably get another FP done, but still haven't received a notice to do so. Did you do anything to generate the FP notice or did you just get it after your interview?

My interview was July 6 in Garden City, NY.

Hi ZIV711,
My 2nd fingerprints was scheduled by officer at the time of my interview in June. At that time my 1st fingerprints was expired. They are good only for 15 months & my was done in January'05.
As of today my fingerprints are clear & visa# available.
I'm hoping that immigration officer will check & approve my application soon.

Sincerely,
Alicja :)

Hi Pann43,
Yes, I received welcome letter yesterday (10/14/06).
Today is by birthday & I'm extermely happy.
I was hoping to be approved by the end of this year, but this was a greatest suprise & a best birthday gift ever.
My interview was in Newark, N.J. in June & 2nd fingerprints in August, but a welcome letter came from Vermont.
Now I'm waiting for a card, I hope won't take too long to arrive.
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Thank you for all support.
This was a very long wait for me-10 years.

Sincerely,

congrats

Hi alicja,
Congrats on your approval. Its been a really long ordeal for you. Anyway, better late than never. When did you receive notification that your case was being transferred to Newark and how long after that did you get an interview call.

Thanks
BlackHole.

congrat.!!!!!! i am very happy for you!
my interv.was on 10/11/2006 in cherry hill ,and the oficcer told me that my FP are expired and they gonna send me a new one ,but as today 10/28 i have nothing no app.letter !!!!!and he told me that after my FP is gonna make a desicion ....did you had the same experiense ?i am worried a lot so please if you have some time share with me ,thanks a lot!!!! and one more time congrat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you deserve it !

Hi BlackHole,
My case was transfered to Newark on 11/10/04. They notified me via e-mail
& I received a transfer notice receipt. Than in May'06 I received a letter from Newark informing that my interview is scheduled for 6/14/06.
Some people are saying that takes at least 9 months before they wil schedule your interview after transfer date.
How long you are waiting?

Good luck, :)
Sincerely,
Alicja

PANN46,
Thanks a lot!!!
This was my best birthday present ever. My birthday was on 10/15 & I received a approval notice day before.
I had a same situation with a FP when I went for a interview in June
my1st FP already expired, but officer scheduled my FP appointment & gived me a letter at the same time. I went for a FP on 8/24/06.
I think after he received my FP back he approved my case right away & send it to Vermont for card printing.
I'm suprised that they didn't do it a same thing & you have to wait again to make a FP appointment. Maybe in Cherrry Hills they work different than in Newark.
If your interview went ok & FP is the only thing they need you should be fine.

Good luck. ;)
Alicja

similar situation

When I was in AOS interview in NYC few days ago, the IO schedule me a fingerprint appointment ( for ten fingers) on the next day. He said my case would be reviewed again to be approved after they receive my fingerprint. :(

Hi Alicja -

Did you need to visit again to USCIS or local office for passport stamping while you awaiting approval when your date become current in Sep 06?

I have given my interview in Fairfax, VA office in Sep 06 and now my date is become current in Jan 07. Interview went smooth for me and the officer could not issue a green card then because my date is not current then. What next for me? Do I need to go to the local office again for passport stamping when they sent the I-485 approval notice? Please reply me. Thanks.

Hi gls,

No, I didn't have to go to a local office.
On October 14, 2006 I received a receipt from Vermont Center informing me that my I-181 (Creation of Lawful Permament Residence Record) is being process & if approved they will mail the card directly to me.
On October 16, 2006 I received a e-mail that application has been approved, but as of today I still didn't receive a card.
I just fiiled out aplication I-90 (Card never received) & I will mail it tomorrow.
I think is taking more time beacuse my aplication was in local office first & then send to Vermont Center.
I hope that my card will arrive soon.
Looks to me that they are doing this in two diferent ways (stamping or not stamping).

Good Luck,

PD current But NO GC Yet

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me here. My priority date is current. It has been almost one month and I still have not heard anything regarding my 485 approval. :( I started an inquiry regarding on Jan 8th on my file by calling there 800 # and telling them my file is outside there processing time and that my priority date is current. Now I am supposed to wait 60 days before I can call them with any questions. :mad: Is there anything more I can do to get the approval faster? Can I take InfoPass appointment, go to Newark Office and demand my GC?

Also what are my options and chances incase I wish to file a litigation against BCIS for delaying my case?

Thanks

My case Details
RIR – EB3 - India
PD: April 30 2001
LC: Aug 2004
Finger Print #1: Sept 2004
EAD #1: Dec 2004
Interview: Aug 2005
Finger Print #2: Oct 05
EAD #2: Nov 2005
Finger Print #3: Sept 06
EAD #3: Nov 2006

Hi Little Devil

I have the same PD as yours although I have more EAD's then you have, I am about to apply the 5th one in april since the 4th one will expire in may. And I have lost count of Fp's now. I had my interview in Federal plaza in april 06, and had intiated an inquiry in dec06, and also two days ago too. It seems they have no reply to our inquiries, just a reference number for us. I have to again wait for 45 days before I call. So let me know if you haev any updates. My LC 485 was filed in Jan 2003.

Newyorker012

Thanks for replying.

I guess no one has any advice to give in our case. Opening an Inquiry is basically giving the all the monkeys to slack off for another 45 days. :rolleyes:

I can not wait any longer on my behind in tension while twirling my thumb hoping that some monkey will open my file generate a # on his PC and stamp my file ‘Approved’. So I have made my appointment to speak to one of the officer and see what is going on with my file. :D

To make him/her happy, I will surely take a dozen bananas with me. :)

I will post the result when I return.

Last edited by a moderator:
little_devil said:
Thanks for replying.

I guess no one has any advice to give in our case. Opening an Inquiry is basically giving the all the monkeys to slack off for another 45 days. :rolleyes:

I can not wait any longer on my behind in tension while twirling my thumb hoping that some monkey will open my file generate a # on his PC and stamp my file ‘Approved’. So I have made my appointment to speak to one of the officer and see what is going on with my file. :D

To make him/her happy, I will surely take a dozen bananas with me. :)

I will post the result when I return.

My PD is same as urs and I have tried everything possible infopass to opening enquiries. Nothing has helped so far....
Atleast your FP is current so you are better off than me. My second FP has expired and thats another issue which is adding to the agony!

On the EAD Issue Please apply for renewal as they are taking longer than 4mths in renewal.
I too have applied or my 5th EAD. case stuck in Local office..........

Thanks for your response HaraKad,

I appreciate it. At least now I know that I am not the only one in this mess. Could you please provide me details about you InfoPass appointment? I would like to know specially when did you make the InfoPass appointment and what questions did you ask? What was the officer response to your questions? Any questions I should ask the officer? What documents I need? This way I will know if I am wasting my day just to see there faces or am I actually going to get some answers I need.

I purposely waited for a month to make the appointment. April 30, 01 became current in Jan 2007 and if I had gone in Dec or early Jan they would have told me to wait for a month, so lets see what they say now since it has been one month since I started my file inquiry.

Lucky my EAD expire in Nov end so I do not have to shell out another $200 until June this year.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
little_devil said:
Thanks for your response HaraKad,

I appreciate it. At least now I know that I am not the only one in this mess. Could you please provide me details about you InfoPass appointment? I would like to know specially when did you make the InfoPass appointment and what questions did you ask? What was the officer response to your questions? Any questions I should ask the officer? What documents I need? This way I will know if I am wasting my day just to see there faces or am I actually going to get some answers I need.

I purposely waited for a month to make the appointment. April 30, 01 became current in Jan 2007 and if I had gone in Dec or early Jan they would have told me to wait for a month, so lets see what they say now since it has been one month since I started my file inquiry.

Lucky my EAD expire in Nov end so I do not have to shell out another $200 until June this year.

Thank you.

Hi,

We made the infopass in SanJose on Jan.4th. All i wanted to know was that if my finger printing has expired and if so whether they can issue me a notice for new FP.

The officer told me that FP has expired and she could do nothing about it. However she herself told me that Namecheck has been cleared.

The latest on my case is that RFE has been sent for 485. We are yet to receive the notice so no idea what it is all about!!

Hope this helps!

Good luck.