how much does employers make(Helps mk ac21 decision)

GCWHEN1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got a call from my employer saying that my 140 got approved.

My 485 was filed April 2004 (last week at VSC/EB3). I need to make some decisions so as to look for a different employer at least in 2005.

My current empoyer - does not provide me any copies of LC /140.I will hv to do FOIA.

How much wiill my employer make? (i need to know thisso that i can bargain OR else look for a better guy on AC21 basis)

Say for instance, he bills for 40.00 per hour and pays me 28.00

1).Can assume somthing like this.

Out of 12 bucks - 4.00 for taxes,2.00 for maintaining his office and payroll officer and the balance 6.00 is his net profit.

2).What other expense?

3)If iam not billable (meaning on bench), he does not pay me anything :confused: - Does he still have to pay taxes ?

thanks in Advance.

matters

becuase the poster is trying to see if it is worth to switch. the employers cut is the biggest factor.

bottom line: whatver the split,the employer is still taking your money to the bank.

i have been trying to find out how successful has anyone been using ac21 to work for a friends company (duly registered startup complying with all legalities)

that way you can negotiate a better rate of return and still comply with ac21?

can anyone advise what the specific requirements for ac21 are?

1. what is definition of employer?
2. assume employer gives me a same or similar job at prevailing wage or higher.
3. does it need to be same LC wage. (for this example assume lc wage was higher but prevailing wage is less)

example lc wage = 80k prevailing wage = 65k offer under ac21 is 70K

CAN SOMEONE please answer the burning ac21 question.

BURNING QUESTION: can a i-485 pending applicant use ac21 to work for his friends startup company (assuming all conditions are satisfied, once we know what the conditions are, also assume that there will be an interview and uscis will see the ac21 change and will look at it closely)

ac 21 employment rules

in continuance,can someone list a checklist of rules to ensure legal complaicne with ac21.

example to join a company(a small startup legally incorporated with a bank account that pays you)

what is the rules, what do you need to show at interview time (assume there is a face to face interview prior to i-485

sample of EVL, I know w2 is needed,recent paystubs are needed.
the question stlll remains.

can a non relative offer you a job and pay you but he is a small startup company with no history recently incorporated and in first year of operations,but he pays you as required and you ahve paystubs, the employment offer is bonafide and the intent is to retain more of your billing :)

is there a valid case to attempt this scenario?

other points

1. employer is a home office has a phone number is a small company.cannot rent specific office space yet.
2. ability to pay is based on legal valid contract with end client

it seems ridiculous to think that if the employer is based in a home (not a seperate office) the uscis cna deny. remember the worlds greatest companies started in garages (hp in a palo alto garage) :mad: starting a company in a garage in an american way of life.

starting a business is the american dream. is it not? why cant your friend start his business in his apartment and hire you in a valid and legal manner?

the procedure for this is what we want to establish. (ie a system to ensure compliance with all laws) :)