How much a sigma xi membership holds value?

I would have to disagree. Having it is not a waste of money. You have to potray it efficiently. It helped me.

Can you explain how it helped you? Was it specifically mentioned as a positive issue by USCIS?

Anything I have read so far is that Sigma Xi may have been seen as positive in the past but has not found much favor with USCIS the last couple of years. In all of the AAO appeals that I have read where the applicant brings up Sigma Xi it has always been shot down. Reasoning is that you only need 2 publications to be a member which is not indicative of anything beyond what is normally required of a scientist.

thank you all for the reply. Is there any other organization similar to Sigma Xi that I an try to get in and has not yet build a negetive attitude for USCIS?

I'm confused, are you planning for EB1EA, EB1OR, Eb2 or EB2OR

They have different requirements. If you go for EB1OR as you indicated in your OP the requirement is "associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievements". Your employer would have to sponsor you.

I found this in a couple of AAO appeals for EB1OR (they use pretty much the same wording in all of them)

The submitted materials about Sigma Xi reveal that Sigma Xi invites to full membership "those who
have demonstrated noteworthy achievements in research." These achievements must be evidenced by
"publications, patents, written reports or a thesis or dissertation, which must be available to the
Committee on Admission if requested." A noteworthy achievement is not necessarily an outstanding
achievement. In fact, the record reveals that the society does not take a particularly strict view of
noteworthy achievements. Specifically, Philip Carter, the Executive Director of the association,
indicates that the "Committee on Qualifications and Membership interpreted this qualification to
include primary authorship of two papers." In addition, an earned doctoral degree may be substituted
for one paper. We cannot conclude that primary authorship of one or two papers is an outstanding
achievement in the beneficiary's field