How long will it take to get over FBI Clearance?

ImmigrateMe

Registered Users (C)
I am Nov. 2001 case. The attorney just received a call from an officer regarding the inquiry she sent recently. The attorney said a clearance request on my case was sent by CSC to FBI after our last inquiry a month ago, the turnaround time on these clearances varies considerably depending upon whether the name is common, there is a "hit" etc, and that CIS has no control over this and must wait for FBI's response.

My question, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the clearance to be done?

My first FP was done Jan 2002. No 2nd FP notice ever received. First FP has expired last May. How can FBI work without a valid FP? Should CSC let me redo FP and send the clearance request along with valid FP?

I was told to check back in 90 days. Oh, God, help me, another 90 days!

-------------------------------------------------------------
ImmigrateMe

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I donno if my case is similar or not.. but its not good news.

i am an oct/nov 2001 case too...

INS keeps tellling my lawyers that my case has gone for addn'l security check.. the first 90 days passed and NOTHING happened...

prepare yourself for a long wait...

Sorry but i do not have any good news for you. but its better to prepare for the worst.

ImmigrateMe, sfbay_area_guy,
Contact FBI. Search for posts on this topic. Several people have successfully pushed their case through.

sfbay_area_guy said:
i am an oct/nov 2001 case too...

INS keeps tellling my lawyers that my case has gone for addn'l security check.. the first 90 days passed and NOTHING happened...

prepare yourself for a long wait...

Hi, sfbay_area_guy, my dear buddy

Is your FP still valid? Have you ever got 2nd FP notice? Mine has expired a year ago.

I wonder if FBI needs the most up-to-date finger print to work on the clearance? I am afraid that FBI open my clearance request, finds out that FP has expired, forward the case back to CSC demanding for new FP, then CSC issue the 2nd FP notice, re-send the clearance request to FBI, by the time everything is in order, a year would have passed.

I was told it depend on how common my name is in my home country and if they find a match in the "hit" list. Fortunately, my folks give me a really unique name :)

------------------------------
ImmigrateMe

FBI name check can take a few days, or a few years.

If there is no "hit", FBI should finish the check within 90 days in most cases. However, it can take a few year if there is hit.

For my case, FBI has not finished the name check after 8 months or so.

slow_as_rabbit said:
If there is no "hit", FBI should finish the check within 90 days in most cases. However, it can take a few year if there is hit.

For my case, FBI has not finished the name check after 8 months or so.

Hi, slow_as_rabbit

What is your WAC#? First few digit is fine. I am wac02-046.

Thanks.

ImmigrateMe