How long to receive EAD

SlowlyIturn

Hey folks, how long does it take to receive the EAD once you get an email notifying you that your EAD Card has been ordered. I filed for I765 I131 and I485 on May 12 got the email today and have a job offer pending.

Based on the processing dates at the Service Centers, they are still processing April 08 applications. There have been exceptions though. I recommend checking trackitt website as well for most uptodate info.

Good luck...

I filed application to renew EAD on 21st July and card production is ordered on 4th Sept. It will take 30 days for card to be delivered.

I got my card in about 10 days after card production ordered, and valid for 2 years. I believe it also depends on whether your priority date is current or not.

EAD approved in 20 days

I applied my 2nd EAD on 6 Aug and got approved on 26 Aug. Card arrived on 31 Aug. It is valid for 2 years. But no finger print put yet on 2nd EAD. I wonder why?

Filed 2nd EAD for husband,daughter and myself on July 23rd. Got rejection notices end of July. They were looking for fees ,while a check in the amount of 3X fees was attached. (Strange, but I guess some people can't read).
My lawyer send back the papers and the check and a letter explaining the check is for the fees and they either take the papers +check and process OR they take just the papers and send the check back to him and process.
I guess they took the save way, kept the check and processed the paper and yesterday I got an email that card production ordered for the 3 of us.

I should say that I filed for the 1st time during the July/August fiasco and when I called USCIS about whether or not I need to submit $340 with the renewal application, believe it or not , I was told I DO NOT need to , eventhough I did not pay the $1010 package deal.

So all I want to say and I said this before, DO NOT trust everything you hear from IO. Sometimes they have absolutely NO CLUE. SAD but TRUE.

YOu would only have the Finger Prints on the EAD card it it was filed electronically and biometrics are taken. If it was paper filed no finger prints will be on the card.

My biometrics was done 1 Nov 2007. But 2nd EAD renewal was applied with paper on 6 Aug 2008.
So, though finger print was done about 1 year ago, it will not be printed on EAD card unless electronically filed? :eek:
I was thinking may be it is because they have not finished my name check??:confused:

My biometrics was done 1 Nov 2007. But 2nd EAD renewal was applied with paper on 6 Aug 2008.
So, though finger print was done about 1 year ago, it will not be printed on EAD card unless electronically filed? :eek:
I was thinking may be it is because they have not finished my name check??:confused:

Every application is isolated by itself. If you efile you need biometrics every time. If you apply efile one time and paper based the second time, the second card will not have FP. You just need the card to work and does not matter if FP present or not.

Got EAD renewal for my wife in 35 days. Card Production Ordered on Sept 17th. Received the card on Sept 19th.

Congrats

Got EAD renewal for my wife in 35 days. Card Production Ordered on Sept 17th. Received the card on Sept 19th.

I have read your thread. You are really lucky! I might say I am stuck in a worse situation. My EAD expires in a week, and I believe I have to stop working :(

I have read your thread. You are really lucky! I might say I am stuck in a worse situation. My EAD expires in a week, and I believe I have to stop working :(

Thanks Adityg !
I was pleasantly surprised as well. Both I and my wife got the EAD renewals for 2 years, rcvd the cards. I am sorry that you are in a situation where you have to break out of your job.

I have been reading a lot of posts where the mention of Interim EAD has resurfaced. Apparently when the USCIS is called, the service reps are telling many folks in these situations to apply for Interim EAD.

Were you able to pursue that route and find out if they have restarted the Interim process?

Thanks Adityg !
I was pleasantly surprised as well. Both I and my wife got the EAD renewals for 2 years, rcvd the cards. I am sorry that you are in a situation where you have to break out of your job.

I have been reading a lot of posts where the mention of Interim EAD has resurfaced. Apparently when the USCIS is called, the service reps are telling many folks in these situations to apply for Interim EAD.

Were you able to pursue that route and find out if they have restarted the Interim process?

I am not sure if they do pursue that route or not? They don't clearly mention it anywhere on their site. I wish they should, especially since the current economy situation is so bad and it is 2 difficult to get jobs these days once you go to find one. They should totally reconsider of the interim EAD option. I wish they have a place where you can file for an appeal!

I looked up the USCIS site to get further details, and they have listed the following information in the service center section:

Local Offices no longer accept nor adjudicate Form I-765 ''Application for Employment Authorization.'' The Service Centers or the National Benefits Center are responsible for adjudicating any, pending Form I-765 and issuing interim or non-interim documentation.

If USCIS does not approve or deny your Form I-765, Employment Authorization Document (EAD) application within 90 days, or within 30 days for an asylum applicant, you may request an Interim EAD (Note: Asylum applicants are only eligible to file for EADs after waiting 150 days from the date of properly filing their original completed asylum applications).

To request an Interim EAD, you must schedule an INFOPASS appointment, on our website, to visit this office in person. You must bring the following items to the office: proof of your identity and any documents that USCIS has sent to you regarding your Employment Authorization application.

Though I do see the 90 day clause listed here, so I am not sure what that entails... I am planning to call the customer care Rep after I receive the receipt and see what they can do. Just praying and hoping for the best!