How long to get the actual card.

On June 16, 2007 we received approval notice and don't know what is next.

1. We gave finger prints (code 1) on May 10, 2007. Do we get finger
prints notice again?

2. Is passport stamp is required?

Yet to receive the card

My case was approved in May last week, Finger printed in May 1st week & July 1st week, yet to receive the card. Not sure what is going on. Online status changed after 2nd FP, it says something like this " On Aug 2006, we transfered I485 application from VSC to NSC to adjust or schedule interview blah blah"

Hi,

My I-485 Got Approved on 06/07/2007 and received the approval letters and code 2
biometrics request scheduled on 07/24/07. After I appeared for the biometrics some
where around noon on the same day the online message changed to case has been tranferred
to texas on march 2nd etc(I got this message initially when the case was actually transferred
to texas form vermont)

Thw worst thing is I appeared for Code -3 on 05/08/2007 and Code - 2 on 05/30/2007
now again another code - 2 on 7/24/07.

what should I do wait or schedule an infopass appt and get the I551 stamped on passport.

Pls advise.

Hi,

My I-485 Got Approved on 06/07/2007 and received the approval letters and code 2
biometrics request scheduled on 07/24/07. After I appeared for the biometrics some
where around noon on the same day the online message changed to case has been tranferred
to texas on march 2nd etc(I got this message initially when the case was actually transferred
to texas form vermont)

Thw worst thing is I appeared for Code -3 on 05/08/2007 and Code - 2 on 05/30/2007
now again another code - 2 on 7/24/07.

what should I do wait or schedule an infopass appt and get the I551 stamped on passport.

Pls advise.

Your situation is exactly same as mine. I haven't seen anything happening since my code 2 fingerprinting. The message changed back to "we transferred blah blah blah"

Guys,

I scheduled an Infopass Appointment to Get I-551 Stamping besides the
I-485 approval letter and passport what other documents do I need to
Carry.

Also do I need to carry any photographs.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guys,

I scheduled an Infopass Appointment to Get I-551 Stamping besides the
I-485 approval letter and passport what other documents do I need to
Carry.

Also do I need to carry any photographs.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Take your passport and 485 approval letter., you dont need anything else.

Also tell them that you may need to travel soon else they may refuse to stamp your passport and ask you to wait for the card to arrive.

Your situation is exactly same as mine. I haven't seen anything happening since my code 2 fingerprinting. The message changed back to "we transferred blah blah blah"

Same exact situation. I had done a FP Code 3 on 5/4/07, never saw any LUD, got approval notice on 6/17, but no "Card Mailed" e-mail. Last week got FP code 2 notice, did that, and my online status changed from 'On xx we approved ...." to "transfered from VSC to TSC etc...."

Now what?? :mad:

Guys,

I spoke to the Texas Service center and the representative asked me to read the approval notice in detail to him and at the end of the sheet it says that we will have to wait for 90 days, then he asked me to call after 90 days.

Did anyone of u called them and received any response that is different
than mine.

Its really confusing guys.

Thanks

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.
On August 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. (Received on Agust 5th).

Current Status: Card production ordered. On August 3, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Current Status: Approval notice sent. On August 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

Please according with those dates when my greenCard will arrive???

Guys,

I spoke to the Texas Service center and the representative asked me to read the approval notice in detail to him and at the end of the sheet it says that we will have to wait for 90 days, then he asked me to call after 90 days.

than mine.

Thanks
That was just a lazy phone rep trying to get you off the phone. The "90 days" thing is boilerplate text designed years ago. The card email says 30 days. If it has been more than 30 days, go to Infopass for passport stamping.

SouthAmerica
Did you get your physical card? I was interviewed by local office last week. Immigration officer told me that the case will be pending because of unavailability of Visa nos. After two days of interview (08/09) online status changed to Card production ordered and then on 08/10 Welcome notice mailed. No update after that. I have not received approval e mail/Physical card yet.

did anyone of u waiting for ur GC get it ?

Ours 485 got approved 28th August 07
FP code 2 for all of us received along with approval notice
Biomertics done on 11/9
Case status update : We transferred this case to Texas..... bla .. bla

No sign of plastic

Am getting concerned now

Guys,

Did not get the card yet (approved on 07/06/2007). Did any of u guys
got the card. Pls let me know.

Thanks

Guys,

than mine.

Thanks

Hi,

I allready got the I-551 stamping in the passport back in august and was thinking of applying for I-90 may be that is the last resort i guess. I am moving from my currenrt home to a different one in march and planning to
apply for I-90 then is there any specific time limit within which i can apply for
I-90.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my concern.

Thanks

Did you get your passport stamped?

It is now more than 4 months ... time to file an I-90 to get a replacement card if you haven't already done so.

I am moving from my currenrt home to a different one in march and planning to
apply for I-90 then is there any specific time limit within which i can apply for I-90.
I don't think there is any limit for waiting too long if you are applying because you never got the card. But it could be a bit of a problem to apply too soon (they probably won't react too kindly to somebody filing I-90 because of not receiving the card, when it is only one or two weeks since the I-485 approval).

However, you should make sure your address change is properly registered in their system before filing the I-90, to ensure the new card doesn't get sent to the old address.

Hi,

I allready got the I-551 stamping in the passport back in august and was thinking of applying for I-90 may be that is the last resort i guess. I am moving from my currenrt home to a different one in march and planning to
apply for I-90 then is there any specific time limit within which i can apply for
I-90.

Thanks for taking time to reply to my concern.

Thanks
Please mail Form G-731 Inquiry about status of I-551, Alien Registration Card
to the Service Center which approved your application. Please choose the correct form for the appropriate Service Center. Each version has the correct address for mailing to the proper Service Center.