how long one can submit 485 after 140

evermore

Registered Users (C)
Hi, can anyone tell me after how long one can submit I485 after a I140 approved?

The backgrond of the question is this?
I had two I140 approved, one EB1a extrodinary ability, another EB2-NIW. Both self-petition. I had another outstanding researcher, but withdrawn because I feel enough.

My I485 was first concurently filed with the EA I140. then later asked BCIS to switched with the OR I140, then later asked to switch back to the EA I140. I fear this might cause confusing.

Just in case I have to submit another I485 again, either for the EAI140 or with the NIW-I140. Do I always have chance to submit, since the I140s are approved?

-------------
also how safe is the EA I140 in the ajustment? seems I can even be ajusted without a job. right?

Congratulations!!!
Excellent Achievements!

Could you post your qualifications and experience. Are you working for a university or a company. EB1-EA is a employment based petition. You need to work in the same field and keep a job during adjustment of status. if you get RFE. you will be able to answer the questions.

You already submitted I-485 concurrently. You must have receipts numbers to followup. There is no need to submitt another I-485 (it causes confusion and costs money). If it is non-concurrent case, it is better to submit I-485 as early as possible (within 20 days).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
when some files for I 485, alien number is alloted/given and your social security number,name and other info. will be attached to that record. If the same person files another 485 ,earlier record may trigger up/pop up from the system and may attract
un- necessary ref./hurdle
This is my opinion.

self petitioned

No, EA and NIW both are self-petitioned. and EA "theoratically"
need no job. But I don't know if practically it is the case.

My qualification is normal, got PhD in Dec 2001 and file 140s after one year. I was lucky in working in a project sponsored by Department of Defense.