How long it takes to get a receipt number?

aviro

My employer filed for my H1 Visa transfer on 14th Feb. They have not received the receipt number yet. but I got my wife's H4 receipt notice ( RD - 15th feb, ND - 21 feb) on 27th feb.
I'm little worried about my case status.I'd appreciate if you could share your experience about transfer timeframe.
Generally how long it'll take?

I filed for H1 7yr extension on 04/19 dhl delivered to CSC on 4/20.
Still waiting for the receipt.

I mailed my h1b extension at day 1th and get receipt dated at day 8th and get approved at day 110th. Day 1 is in Jan 2007.

Help this information helps.

45 days response time.

I just called California service center today.

They told me to wait for 45 days for receipt, they have changed policy from 15 days to 45 days.

:(

My reciept shows Recieved date March 21, 2007 and Notice date March 29, 2007. This is for extension beyond 6years.
Usually it takes two weeks in the normal process.

My employer filed for my H1 Visa transfer on 14th Feb. They have not received the receipt number yet. but I got my wife's H4 receipt notice ( RD - 15th feb, ND - 21 feb) on 27th feb.
I'm little worried about my case status.I'd appreciate if you could share your experience about transfer timeframe.
Generally how long it'll take?

Hello,
I applied 8th year Extension for H1b at CSC , I got my h1b reciept notice,However I still did not get my wife H4 reciept notice even after 30 days of the filing.I applied her h4 on 13th april 2007.

My wife previous 797 form is expired on 14th May 2007.and I want to apply I485 for my wife end of the may month and I am very confused of what needs to be done which is out of my control now.

Can i still apply for the I485 for my wife and also please let me know how long will it take to get the H4 reciept notice which is applied from California service center and Would they mail to the home or to the Lawyer.

Please let me know at the earliest

Hello,
I applied 8th year Extension for H1b at CSC , I got my h1b reciept notice,However I still did not get my wife H4 reciept notice even after 30 days of the filing.I applied her h4 on 13th april 2007.

My wife previous 797 form is expired on 14th May 2007.and I want to apply I485 for my wife end of the may month and I am very confused of what needs to be done which is out of my control now.

Currently since My PD got current.
Can i still apply for the I485 for my wife and also please let me know how long will it take to get the H4 reciept notice which is applied from California service center and Would they mail to the home or to the Lawyer.

Find out your receipt number like this :)

Guys-

I am in same boat as yours, I filed my H1B extension and H4 for my spouse on April 17th and haven't received receipt yet!! My H1B and spouse H4 is expiring on May 25th. I tried calling up USCIS but they mentioned, I shouldn't be calling them till 45 days are elapsed after filing.

But good news is USCIS is very good at en cashing checks, so if you are interested in getting your receipt number, ask your employer to check his bank account for cleared checks and that check will have WAC behind it. I got ours the same way.

cheers

sameer :)

So how long does it take to get the approval notice. Its been now 2 1/2 weeks and I am still waiting and not approval notice. THe USCIS website shows my h1 and my wife h4 have been approved and notice is sent out.

My lawyere never received anything.

Hello,

Currently since My PD got current.

Hi Vishnu..

any news with your reciept#. In our case it is the other way round. The dependants(H4) reciept notices came-out..the H1 extn has not been mailed out. the date is May 11th. Calsrv centre says wait for 45 days for reciept notice ... : (

We need to show proof of extn for filing 485,thats what my attny says. Pls update us here..

weve been waiting for years for the PD to get current and now we have this problem..

H1 receipt number

My employer send H1 and H4 documents to CSC on 27th April and reached on April 29th (UPS tracking).

Its almost 1 1/2 month and I didn't received the receipt number.

Any on e got the receipt number who filed H1 during April and may months

Thanks

I rec'd the WAC #s for myself and my wife, which was filed around mid-May 2007. When I checked the status online it says: Current Status: Case received and pending @ the CSC.