how long i-130 take

AmIThere

Registered Users (C)
HI ,,,,,,,,,, I m confuse and need some help.........Im greencard holder and just got maarrried in pakistan...my citizen is due in 2009.....i want to bring my spouse here...implanning to file i-130... well dont know what else to do...its good idea to do itt or not............i know if i apply i-130 and become citizen my case going to be change but anyone have idea how long it going to take my spouse to be here in us......or ther some other way to bring my spouse here....OR IF someone have another option for me to apply for.

You can start I-130 now but your wife won't be able to start consular processing until 2009 when you become a citizen.

good luck i applied I-130 its been 5 years and im still apart from my spouse waiting for the visa.. its taking years

HI ,,,,,,,,,, I m confuse and need some help.........Im greencard holder and just got maarrried in pakistan...my citizen is due in 2009.....i want to bring my spouse here...implanning to file i-130... well dont know what else to do...its good idea to do itt or not............i know if i apply i-130 and become citizen my case going to be change but anyone have idea how long it going to take my spouse to be here in us......or ther some other way to bring my spouse here....OR IF someone have another option for me to apply for.
read carefully,, u can apply now infact start and send the application ASAP..im in the same situation i havent lived with my husband i only visit him for few months and we have kids so its so lame how i still live with my parents with a husband not present for his kids birth/school/other important things such as growing up.. so dont expect magic be ready for distant in years,,look at the recieved date on ur reciept notice and then go to visa bulletin and check their PDs..right now they r on 01oct2003 now is 2008july so if u file now u have 5 years till she gets a call from immigration 5 years + or maybe 5 years -.. it depends how fast the dates go..trust me i know what im talking about cuz i been through this since 2003 now its 2008 i check every month..one time it went back a whole year and a half..dont depend on ur citizenship either cuz after u wait and file they can take a long time to contact u. theres no telling if u get it in 4 months or in 2 years..they r known to make u wait.