how long a K 3 visa take to get approved...

RyanY

Registered Users (C)
Sponsoring my spouse who lives in Iran. How long does it take for his K3 visa to get approved so he can come to the US and follow the rest of the GC process in the state?

R

Just to let you know that the K-3 is quickly becoming almost useless (almost obsolete) and highly unlikely to be issued in the vast majority of cases. It is DOS Policy to close it in favor of the I-130 if they arrive together or closely together.

Don't bother with the K-3, just file the I-130 without the I-129F and go directly for the immigrant visa. K-3 adds unnecessary time and cost to the process.

guys,

my spouse's 129 F is approved and i got the mail from nvc saying its gonna be sent to the consulate and my wife should get some mail. my i130 is still not approved, almost 6 months now, a service request is open, havnt heard anything yet.

Jack, Joe.

should i just forget abt the k3 and wait for the i130. guys let me know. money is not a big deal.

guys,

my spouse's 129 F is approved and i got the mail from nvc saying its gonna be sent to the consulate and my wife should get some mail. my i130 is still not approved, almost 6 months now, a service request is open, havnt heard anything yet.

Jack, Joe.

should i just forget abt the k3 and wait for the i130. guys let me know. money is not a big deal.

Hi Solid Traveling,

Did you apply for the K3 visa? I wanted to know since I am in a very similar situation you were. I am married to an Iranian and I am confused between K3 and IR1 - my lawyer says that it's better to apply for both but I am hearing in this thread that it is obsolete and worse than that - it is adding more time to the process?

Any help will be much appreciated