how early should one apply for EAD renewal??

gimme_my_GC

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is up for renewal in march'04. How early should the forms be sent in for INS to process them?

Going by the 485 status, I guess, I will be doing this EAD renewal atleast 3 or 4 times.

Any experiences on the electornic renewal?
Thanks

my wifes company attorney always applies 6 months in advance for EAD and it seems to take about 5 months.
regards

PS: off topic: I saw "green card fever "the other night ,made me think of this board a lot ! Hopefully they really will speed up processing in October.

A rule that says only 4 months before expiration?

I remember somewhere I saw a BCIS rule or something that says that EAD renewal can only be filed 4 months before expiration. Hope I am wrong.

Anybody shed some light on this issue?

ead validation

my ead expires apr'04. if i apply by this dec'03,what will be
my ead validation period ? whether it starts from dec'03 or apr'04.

thanks.

gimme_my_GC,
best to apply atleast 4 months before the expiration of the existing card since that will give you an opportunity to apply for IEAD if your EAD approval doesn't go through in 4 months.

Re: ead validation

Originally posted by Venkayya

When an Application for Extension of Advance Parole and/or Employment Authorization is adjudicated, the effective date will be the date of adjudication and not the date when the previous document expired or was to expire

The best answer to this would be first this question
Who is paying for the renewal?

If the answer is your company, then I would advice you to apply 6 months prior to expiry.

If the answer is yourself, then I would advice you to apply about 100 days prior to expiry of current EAD.

I applied before 75 days-any suggestion

I just woke up..applied before 75 days.... I did e-fling

dont know if you guys have seen any case to get I-EAD before 90 days..

Rama

Re: I applied before 75 days-any suggestion

Originally posted by ramavataar
dont know if you guys have seen any case to get I-EAD before 90 days..
We have in some cases mostly at the San Jose INS center. Not seen an early iEAD in some time. If you browse the forum regularly, we have hammered it into people's heads that they need to apply 90 days prior to EAD expiry, so haven't seen that case in a while.

If I were you I would apply the second EAD with the first one that would ensure that I would get the second EAD before the first one expires....:D :D :D .but BCIS is not smart enuff to do that...so apply 6 months after....

Re: ead validation

Originally posted by Venkayya

thanks.

In my case, the 2nd EAD is valid effective 1 day AFTER the expiry of the first one.

The first one expires Oct. x '03. Filed for EAD renewal in May. Approved/Cards received around Sept 1st, the new cards show validity period
Oct x+1 '03 to Oct x '04.

So, the date is NOT the abjudication date (Aug 28/29th).

When to apply?

Hi!
I have the iEAD since July 2003 and it is valid until Febrauary 2004. Never used it. The original EAD has not been approved yet (pending since Febraury 2003).
What shall I do, since I plan to start working soon? Shall I apply for another EAD? How can I do that since I still don't have an original EAD?
Thanks.
Bic