How does it effect Citizenship case if someone changes job (< 180 Days on GC)

For_labor

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

This has been a concern in many threads and forums but no clear answer. So I thought to get inputs from the people who have gone thru this. Is there anybody with the same situation? I mean, someone who changed job/employer with less than 6 months after getting GC and went thru citizenship interview. If there is anybody, please share your experience and post questions raised during intreview. It would be a great help.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
AC21 supports changing job even b4 getting GC

AC21 supports changing job even b4 getting GC. So I don't understand what is the big deal in changing the job after getting the GC within similar job requirements. There shouldn't be any legal issues with that for Naturalisation.

Sankar.

I think, as long as we work in the same field (even though with different employers), it should not be an issue. These green card approvals are based on the specific field of employment (as per defintions of EB1,EB2 & EB3) and not based on any particular employer

My question: what will happen if someone changes job to different field as it violates the basis of the green card approval.