How do you calculate 90 day period exactly

desihai

Registered Users (C)
My GC was obtained on sep 11, 2002. so i will complete 5 years on sep 11 2007. how do i go about obtaining an accurate date when my 90 period comes up. do i become eligible on sep 12 or 11 for complete 5 years? if so 90 day period means 11 (or 10) days in sep + 31 aug + 31 july + 17 july so eligible on 13th. (30 - 17). i am not sure if i want to postmark on 13, 14 or 15.

the reason i am confused is the fee is increasing 80% in mid june as of now, and i dont want to pay unnecessarily if i can avoid it. any advice?

It would be nice if USCIS had a calculator where you can punch in date of GC, and it tells when you can send you form at the earliest. any such tools?

Be on the safe side, go with the 15th of June (Sunday) so sign it and mail it on the 16th. Hopefully it will still be before the fees increase.

desihai said:
My GC was obtained on sep 11, 2002. so i will complete 5 years on sep 11 2007. how do i go about obtaining an accurate date when my 90 period comes up. do i become eligible on sep 12 or 11 for complete 5 years? if so 90 day period means 11 (or 10) days in sep + 31 aug + 31 july + 17 july so eligible on 13th. (30 - 17). i am not sure if i want to postmark on 13, 14 or 15.

the reason i am confused is the fee is increasing 80% in mid june as of now, and i dont want to pay unnecessarily if i can avoid it. any advice?

It would be nice if USCIS had a calculator where you can punch in date of GC, and it tells when you can send you form at the earliest. any such tools?
The same way you do 2nd grade math.

Determine the day you are about to complete 5 years. Then subtract 90 days from that day. Do not subtract 3 months because 3 months may not necessarily equate to 90 days.