how do i upgrade my i-130

chintanavichal

hi this is chintan i petition for my wife back in january on green card base ....now i become a naturalize citizen ...what should i do to upgrade my file .....

hi this is chintan i petition for my wife back in january on green card base ....now i become a naturalize citizen ...what should i do to upgrade my file .....

chintan,

Please provide more details. Where is she? If in the U.S. how did she enter and when? Is she still in status. Was the I-130 already approved or still pending? Did you indicate consular processing or adjustment on the I-130?

thanx for your reply she is in india never been to U.S...and i-130 has not been approved yet ...i am talking about adjustment on i-130..

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for your reply she is in india never been to U.S...and i-130 has not been approved yet ...i am talking about adjustment on i-130..

I think you misunderstood. "Adjustment" of status is referring to the process where somebody is already in the US and stays in the US to complete the green card process. She's not doing that, as she is outside the US.

See question 22 of the I-130, where it asks whether you're choosing adjustment of status or a consulate. What did you pick there? If you picked adjustment of status with her outside the US, you'll have some extra paperwork and delay to correct that.

Make a copy of the signed natz cert and a copy of the I-130 receipt notice and mail them to the Service Center and specifically say that you want to do an "I-130 UPGRADE". At this time you could make sure that you inform them that she will do Consular Processing IF you had made a mistake on that point originally.