How do I get my wife to US

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
I am a permanent resident.
I am not married at present. I want to marry a girl who is in India and then sponsor her for GC. She has a 10 year B1 visa in her passport.

How do I go about it?

Can I marry her first and then may be get her here on F1 or H1?
Or she comes first on F1 or H1 and then I marry her here?
Can she stay in the US after her studies on F1, but before her GC is done?
Or I file for her GC and she travels from time to time on her B1?

I just don\'t want her to be in India for 4-5 years while I am here, for her application to get through.

Thanks.

mark..

Hi Mark,

What I would do (although I don\'t know if this is good advice) is to have her come here. She can come here and work legally under her B1 right? and it is still valid for a year or so? Then, once she is here, go to vegas or a courthouse to get married, send in your I-130 right away (same day if possible) then you can wait with her together for it to process. In the mean time, I beleive you can file for a work permit incase hers runs out as well as advance parole (so she can visit her home country while waiting on GC, but.. I don\'t think it is a good idea to leave while waiting even if you get advance parole.. kinda scary if they don\'t let you back in the US.. well.. that\'s my advice.. don\'t know if it is good, but for me, the main thing is to be together first :) Good luck

No Title

That only applies to USC not permanent residents. If you are PR and want to get your future wife here your only choice is H1B visa or student visa. With student visa she wont be able to get any financial aid and she has to be in status until she gets GC. Or later lets say you become USC then she can adjust status.

Hope this helps.

I want to marry a guy who has a green card..I am an Indian Citizen

I am an Indian Girl 27 years old working with an American airline having a ten year multiple tourist visa for the United States of America..........I have visited the United States a couple of times in the last two years n fell in love with an Indian guy...........Our problem is that he has a green card.............

What do I do???

I want to come to the Unites States n live with him as we plan to marry soon........

I also want to study further so that I can get qa good job in the Unites states.........

The problem is that if I go to the US embassy in India my F1 visa will get rejected due to me being single n 27 n due to my multiple visits.......also I want to go through the whole legal process but that will seperate me from my lover n to be husband for atlesat six to seven years.......

Want ur advise as to how I can come n study in the Us and also how I can marry this man that I love

Thanks

Not a big deal

You have visior visa, Come here married to that guy in us and apply for adjustment of staus I think that is I484 I am not sure about form number.

Permanent Resident marrying an Indian citizen

Hi,

my case is similar to Rj01. I am a green card holder about to marry a doctor girl in India. What are the various possible ways I can get her to the US. Is residency a viable option or are there alternate routes/fields for physicians to sustain themselves here.
Thanks in Advance !

In the USA and need to adjust status urgently!

Hi

I am a UK citizen currently in the USA via as a tourist (came in via visa waiver program last week)... my boyfriend is US citizen and we plan to get married in the next couple of days. My passport is only stamped for another 4 weeks... do I stand any chance of adjusting my status in this time? UK citizens are eligable to stay for 90 days as tourists, so I don\'t know whether to get an extension for that before I start applying for my Green Card or not... In fact, really have no idea where to start and the INS website has just totally confused me. Can anyone help??

Rachel

Why would F1 be rejected if you are single and 27 ?

Is there any problem receiving aid on F1 if you have filed for immigration process ?

Just come here first..

Come up here on your tourist visa, go to the temple, marry him, register the marriage, contact an attorney (there are many good ones who actually care), apply for a different status (per his advice) and happily life ever after.

(p.s.) If you have cute sister or friend, hook me up too !!! :)

What about the fiancee visa?

Somebody told me that now a days there is a fiancee visa, which can be used to bring your spouse over right away. I don\'t know the details. Look into it.

Good luck

adjustment of status

I am green card holder and my Fiancee is on H1-B visa.Recently she got laid off.She is here in US.If we get married now can I apply for her adjustment of status.Is she elligible for V-visa?Thanks in advance.
Pavi