How can I know my H1B Status?

kaneha

Registered Users (C)
Had a kind of an argument with my employer company a month back and the CEO threatened me of cancelling my H1B.

How can I make sure that he has gone ahead with that threat or not. In other words has he really cancedlled my H1B or not. How can I know this?

kaneha said:
Had a kind of an argument with my employer company a month back and the CEO threatened me of cancelling my H1B.

How can I make sure that he has gone ahead with that threat or not. In other words has he really cancedlled my H1B or not. How can I know this?
You have your H1 approval notice with LIN or EAC or WAC wriiten at left side just check the USCIS online status by punching your H1 approval reciept#

This amazes me.. dont you all get to talk to the lawyers that handle your applications? At our law office we are interacting constantly with the clients. They are more than welcome to call anytime to get their status. I just have been reading some of these threads and most of the questions that are posted should be able to be answered by the lawyer working with the company. I guess we are still old fashioned and work with the company as well as the employee.

Sicy said:
This amazes me.. dont you all get to talk to the lawyers that handle your applications? At our law office we are interacting constantly with the clients. They are more than welcome to call anytime to get their status. I just have been reading some of these threads and most of the questions that are posted should be able to be answered by the lawyer working with the company. I guess we are still old fashioned and work with the company as well as the employee.

The CEO pays the lawyer, why would the lawyer help or listen to an employee if the CEO asks the lawyer to refrain? Here, the CEO is the client for the lawyer, not the employee.

Dont tell me all lawyers have conscience(there may be exceptions).

Your post seems to be more of an advertisement for your services and your law firm rather than giving some solid advice. IF so,then you have other places on this forum to advertise.

I'm not trying to advertise anything.. I just think its not fair to the employee to not be able to call up the lawyer to get information on their own case if they wanted to. I guess not all lawyers interact with the employees/clients. I didnt realize that.

I will take my knowledge elsewhere then, no problem. :)

question still remains?

and my question still remains un-answered as to how and from where can I know if the company has cancelled my H1B or not?

Company's lawyer is not answering our phone calls and or emails.
Please any advise and or help will be appreciatable.

tried ginnu's way

tired user ginnu's way of punching the # at INS's website.

but the problem with punching my LIN # is that my H1 was approved last year and I only had the fight with the company this year. So it still is showing the same answer what it showed last year that this applciation was approved on XX-XX-2003.

my question still remains un-answered as to how and from where can I know if the company has cancelled my H1B or not?

Company's lawyer is not answering our phone calls and or emails.
Please any advise and or help will be apprecia

why would you want to know if you're H1B is revoked? it won't do you any good, whatever status you may find.

don't concentrate on that. here's what I suggest you do, either:
1. kiss & make up w/your employer
2. look for another company willing to sponsor you

As advised to get the answer from companys lawyer, this is the reply I got from companys lawyer

-----
Don't know if they've cancelled it or not.
Our loyalty is owed to the company, so we can't say anything to the
employee (you) about it.
So I won't go hunting for the file.

Sincerely
XXXXXX--------XXXXX
Attorney At Law
------

Don't know what to do now