• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How can DV system differentiate Digital or Scanned?

immgrat

Registered Users (C)
Does it possible to use program to differentiate
a jpeg by a digital photograph or scanned a photograph?

If technically can't differentiate it, can I type a
photo by digital photograph but submitted with 300 x 300?

Yes, technically it is possible. You only need to read the header in the jpeg file to know its source.

Yes, technically it is possible. You only need to read the header in the jpeg file to know its source.

But I know almost all scanner cannot scanned to 300 x 300 pixel image,
it need to use some tools to amend it.

If we used tools to amend the photo, does the header in the jpeg file
not identified it is a scanned photos?

If you are using a software to amend the size of a digital photograph I think that should be okay. What is not allowed is touching the photograph by changing the hue, the color saturation, the brightness, etc.

I guess, (and I have done it) you can change your size with any stuffs like adobe or any other free picture handling softs. All you can change is your size, but dont try to change as fromnija said "colour, brightness, proportion of hight and bredth etc". I am sure you wont have any problem. btw, if you dont use anything and try to take a pict 300x300 from a digital camera or a scanner, it was be tough as hell. Well that means you have to adjust the picture size anyway...

what? you can't change the brightness? My scanners scans too bright, so I had to adjust it...

does that mean they will disqualify me???? :(