• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Hiring a lawyer for the DV process

fthnm2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody:

some of you might remember me posting threads about including my wife to the DV process just before interview. Now, I am considering to hire an attorney from the US to get some legal counseling.

I wonder if anybody hired a lawyer for such case and what was the outcome? thanks in advance!

d fact is....when u applied for d dv,were u single then?if yes...getting a lawyer is not necessary.but...if u were married and u didnt include her in ur initial dv application...getting a lawyer is a mere waste of time and resources..pronto

I had help from a lawyer in different visa cases and was very happy with the results. The same lawyer has helped many athletes who are very famous to get visa's to stay here while they were younger and not famous.

I have sent more people to him and all with a 100% success rating since he is very honest about the chances before taking on your case so he keeps the clients happy and not collecting from cases that are not going to be succesful as some lawyers do.

I know many who applied and never got any result other then losing a lot of money and time. These were all not DV cases but either GC cases through work visa's and many were B or P visa's.

Recently friends of mine needed help who had trouble with just a tourist visa issue and were helped very well with very limited costs.

Most lawyers will do one free call to see if they can help you or not. You can always PM me to get the information or contact a lawyer on this forum or the owner of this forum's office.

I think no need to hire lawyer to include your wife to you GC process, you can just include your wife papers with u to the interview and they can include her, that happened with my friend, and now he and his wife in the states, and also me I apply single then I get married and I sent my papers me and my wife to KCC with marriage certificate, and I think its Ok, but my case I get married on 28-12-2008, after I apply directly to dv 2010, so I think its ok

Trust me just do it and bring your wife with the documents to the interview and you will make it, because thats what exactly happened with my friend, and if u like I give you his email to be sure

Of course an experienced lawyer could help you, but I am not sure how far a one in US can help with your consular processing.

I think all in this forum understand your anxiety and I am sure they join me wishing you good luck !

From your previous posts it is my understanding that you have the 'safety net' of an approved H1B petition with you to get back to US, in case anything negative happens to your DV-GC case.

If you get the DV-GC ONLY for you now, it may be harder for your wife to apply and get a F or B visa due to 'immigrant intent'. But if she can try H1B on her own then that is a possibility.

But if you want to really marry her now, and really want to take her with you to US without delay.....then.....SIR, the ball is really in your court with you and you need to play it..... one way or another!!

If the above is your determination and NO STRANDS OF FRAUD is involved with your intended marriage, then have faith and act boldly. i.e. Postpone your interview, marry and get the legal documents and send copies to KCC and re-schedule. Go to the interview with your heads high and you will be fine. In this scenario, remember that you can not go to the interview without KCC confirming that they added her to your case. **** If that fails, you can go ahead with your H1B applications to get back to US, both of you. (of course nay-sayers can give all sort of scenarios what can go wrong with your H1B application too !!)****

Well, if that is NOT your determination, then your options are pretty easy but may be difficult to swallow thinking of her plight. Then go get your GC without trouble, marry her and then worry about other legal ways of getting her to join you...sooner or later!!

The point is, if you want to follow the first route, all it needs is your courage and faith.....'cos unless and until you go with that scenario and face a consular officer yourself, no one can predict the outcome.
But as few others have said, the law is with you and you can add your new wife to the case and be completely safe with your interview.

Good Luck !!

Aside from the DV lottery....many US lawyers are helping foreigners with visa's which in the end have to be given at the CP. We have had the help for more then 5 years and friends of mine from the UK had help with their E2 also by a US lawyer...

We decided that we could do the DV case our self since my friend had access to all her original papers and had proof of everything she needed. The only thing we worried about was the wrong birth year filled out at the entry of the lottery but nobody ever asked about it, perhaps because she submitted enough proof about the right birth year and what could have be the mix up of the birth year.

If some one has not all original papers or a complicated case with marriages, maybe more then 1 or anything else that could complicate a case, then it might be wise to hire a lawyer other wise it saves you a lot of money doing it your self.

I did not need a lawyer to marry and include everything, its dead simple, but scaring people about this being complicated is just wrong. they even told me at the consulate that it happens A LOT (and people do this all themselves). mind your own business, you did not do this and don't add anything.

I did not need a lawyer to marry and include everything, its dead simple, but scaring people about this being complicated is just wrong. they even told me at the consulate that it happens A LOT (and people do this all themselves). mind your own business, you did not do this and don't add anything.

Tell me since when it is your business...tell me are you going to pay for legal help if your advise doesn't work out....I never stated they need a lawyer but some people are better in doing this process them self then others. Not every one is able to do it on their own but most of them are able to do it on their own...on top of that some have more complecated cases then others and some come from countries that are having to deal with aministrative processing then others...why do you think lawyers do exist, just to scam people or maybe to help people?

How old are you, do you even have kids to understand what a responsibility this process can have to a family and how hard it can be if a family makes a mistake and ruins their chances.

I never stated they can't do it on their own, and in my friends case we have proven to do it our self, but I also read on this forum stories of people who got administrative processing or were denied and needed the help of a lawyer or perhaps should have gotten a lawyer from the beginning.

I'm glad your process went well and hopefully others will have the same experience, but unfortunately that doesn't count for all on this forum and from some, you never hear anything after their interview since not all people feel the need to write after they get denied or when their process took so long the Sept. 30 date came around the corner and they were out of luck!