Hi Sponsoring thru' Attorney: Help needed

malinis

Hi Guys,
I am now in a valid F1 visa status and I may be offered a job by a State govt organization. Unfortunately the HR Director is not aware of visa sponsoring and she told that they wont sponsor visas. But she gave me an option that I can talk to an attorney and figure it out. Please let me know how hard is to do it thru an attorney. Is an offer letter from the agency will be enough for processing? What all additional things should be done from the part of agency for me to get the H1 visa sponsored??

Thanks in advance
Malini

The employer has to process your H-1B visa. The attorney just fills the paperwork and sends it to INS. The employer has to agree to sponsor and sign the petition. Mostly, State and Federal jobs require atleast a Green Card.

some of my friends who took permanent positions with muncipal govt have filed the required papers for h1 thro lawyer. Find out whether your HR director support you giving all the necessary documents to file for H1. Talk with an immirgation lawyer

-hisai

Thanks

Thanks Hisai and GC for your support. I am happy to know that it's possible. Now I can talk to Attorney as well as the HR director once I get an offer. Please update me whenever you guys come to know what all documents HR dept needs to sign.
Thanks again
Malini