hi Need help for a friend

ddagsyn

Registered Users (C)
hi
Friend is a US citizen married a girl in mumbai. I understand that the girl can get a k3 visa. My question is

What forms does the guy need to file in the US?

I keep hearing it is the I130 and I129F right?. Also does he need to apply for the k3 visa in mumbai or does NVC send it there?

Bascially it someone could let me know what paperwork needs to be filed and in what country? The marriage took place in mumbai

thanks

ddagsyn

Firts file a I-130 form. After you GET the receipt from I-130 With that copy of I-130 and the other necessary documents file I-129f/k3 visa .It is a long process and she has to apply for the k3 visa in Mumbai eventually.

First off
thanks for your reply
So first I 130 has to be filed in the USA. And then with the receipt of I 130 I129F/k3 has to be filed. Now does it need to be filed at the NVC and they send it to the mumbai consulate or do you have to file it at the mumbai consulate yourself. Also how long is the k3 taking at mumbai

ddagsyn

The I-130 needs to be filed at the regional BCIS centres. I for one filed with the Mesquite,Texas Service Centre as I'am from Louisiana.Call the 18003755283 they'll inform about the regional centre depending where you live.You have to call they to get the forms anyway.I believe this I-130 is taking 2 years as far as I know to get approved. Then I-485 needs to be applies for the adjustment of status to get the gc which takes about 2 years I think.

With the copy of the receipt of the I-130 you apply the I-129f/k3 visa which is located at Chicago and I believe it is taking about 2 months to get approved.

I'am at this stage waiting for the I-129f approval since may/7/2003.

I believe after approval this I-129f/k3 visa packet gets mailed to your respective US embassy in your case Mumbai and they may take a month approximately to process and then they send a letter to the ACTUAL k3 visa applicant informing the day and date for the interview at Mumbai.

At that point she/he will be asked to show the evidence of the financial support, some medical exams and all that stuff. She /he most probably will be issued the k3 visa the same day.